Need some advice...........

lynnFox

Apr 6, 2010
Frankston
was changing my water pump today and everything was going just fine. just put the new pump on with the new gasket and sealant and finger tightened the bolts and two nuts. as i was going back and tightening the bolts and two nuts down as called for, one of the bolts broke off. really a pain in the ass. my first attempt to fix this with an ease out failed. while trying to drill in the bolt to start off the ease out, it just didnt work. i think i have a slightly off center drilled hole there now and when i screw a bolt in, the threads on the bolt flatten out. it seems like they would hold, but dont trust it. was thinking i could put a stud in there, but then would have to modify the hole on the water pump since the studs are alittle bigger that are already on it. could i rethread it or something. any available options would be appreciated. please and thank you.

michael

lynnFox

Apr 6, 2010
Frankston
nobody has any advice.......can anyone atleast tell me if i can fix this problem. i would assume so, was looking into an engine swapif fixing this was going to cost around the same thing. would like to fix this, does anyone think i can drill out hole and replace with a helicoil and set a stud in there. please advise, thank you. michael

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
At work if we have a snapped bolt problem and a extractor wont work. We get a rod from the stick welder and weld the rod to it or a separate piece of metal and that usually works for us. If anything drill out the bolt and tap the hole slightly bigger than what it originally was.

lynnFox

Apr 6, 2010
Frankston
thank you huys for your response, ive been in a rage since this happened.......any price range on the costs? just trying to ease my mind because i cant quit thinking about this.