Need shop in MD

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Alright I've admitted that I got in over my head with my 1JZ swap. What I'm really needing now is suggestions on shops that you guys have used in the Baltimore area. I'm spending way too much money on storage for it to not be getting finished. Thanks for any help you guys can provide

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
I just had Freed Engineering in Gambrils MD dyno tune my 7M and they did a great job. Very fair prices too compared to others that I have used. Ben the owner is awesome and doesn't mind taking the time to answer any questions you might have. He drives a beautiful TT Supra that I saw parked out front. Let him know that Dovwith the MK3 Supra sent ya.What I like most is that unlike ISP Racing, who performed my last tune, Freed is actually comfortable performing mechanical work and troubleshooting. Not sure how familiar they are with 1jz's, but they do run a 2jz drag car.

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
yhatzee89;1918513 said:
Their website doesn't say anything about Supra's at all... :/

I would not have recommended them if they did not "KNOW" anything about working on a Supra. Granted, my car is a 7mGTE, but since my car has been in their shop I have seen them do a # of engine swaps--all good, owners happy. JE's mechanics, especially Chris & John know their business. James Evans is a top drawer tuner.

Do yourself a favor and give them a call. I think Brian is on the front deck now, but you can ask to talk to Chris or James, tell them what you have, and ask them what they can do for you.

-Fred------Fred's 91T Build, pg. 4 Members Rides.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Went and talked to them today and am towing my car there ASAP, your right about them knowing about Supra's, it just feels good that some progress is finally being made

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
yhatzee89;1918829 said:
Went and talked to them today and am towing my car there ASAP, your right about them knowing about Supra's, it just feels good that some progress is finally being made

Good to hear, you will be pleased. Maybe I'll get around to getting mine finished at the same time!

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Well I dropped it off today and I'm super stoked that im finally getting somewhere with it. Sat there and talked to them till they closed about both the Supra and my F-250 that I towed it there with lol. They even showed me your car while I was in back there Fred, even nicer in person than in pics

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
This is the quote I got today...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg