Need R-154 Clutch Fork Pin Retaining Clip

jboyle83

Sep 14, 2009
Madison,AL
Does anyone know where I can get the small c-clip that holds the pin in place on the clutch fork for the R-154? Only place I can find it is with the entire fork, and I'd rather not spend that money if I can get a clip elsewhere... Any help?

jmanbball

Yellow Jacket
Apr 17, 2006
Hittin' the books at Tech
Poodles;1676704 said:
Don't have to pull the pin to remove the fork, so you shouldn't ever lose the clip/pin...

Wish I had known that the first time I pulled a transmission. You should be able to find a clip that works at any hardware store, like Ace or Fastenal, or ordered from McMaster-Carr, or just get it from toyota as the previous poster pointed out.

jboyle83

Sep 14, 2009
Madison,AL
mkiiichip- the piece I am referring to is not in that diagram...

Poodles-I bought the car in pieces, I know that this piece has no reason to be removed, but for some reason the previous owner had taken the pin out.

Anyway, is this a standard E-clip, or what does it look like?

jboyle83

Sep 14, 2009
Madison,AL
Satan,

It snaps onto the bottom side of the pin on the fork (31204). You can see the head of the pin going through the fork, but it goes on the opposite end of the pin to keep it from sliding out.

dragracer

GearHead
Oct 31, 2005
Churubusco
Its a standard e clip.
If you have calipers, measure the groove diameter. Ideally, get a metric one. But a standard one should work depending on what size it is.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
It may be awhile, but I think I have a spare N/A fork somewhere. I'll be in the garage tonight. Will take a pic if I come across it. The place it's at is not bad (too internal), so I'd get another clip... maybe from a variety/assortment at the local auto parts, or one of the kits Harbor Freight carries. If I find the fork, I'll measure the clip so that you aren't playing the "buy-a-universal-set" game.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
No clips on the NA fork (or the one I have). Take the pin w/you to Home Depot and look in the specialty fasteners section for a clip that does the job.