need JZX90 1JZ-GTE Body plug pinouts!

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
Can anyone point me toward a complete wiring diagram (TEWD?) for the JZX90 or maybe just pinouts for those specific connectors? I'm struggling coming up with any useful info.
IMG_20140826_133632_329.jpg

IMG_20140826_133658_464.jpg

I think the one I have a wire sticking into is sort of like our B1 body plug. That pin goes to the starter solenoid. The Soarers seem to have the same plug but with a totally different pinout.
(See http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/47216384/1JZ-GTE JZZ30 Soarer which has the starter pin in a different spot.)

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I enever found one a few years ago.

You dont need one tho.

Just look at the connector for the wire you need. See what color it is. Find the same color at the body connectors and use an ohm meter to verify that its the same wire.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I would never follow one to the tee anyways. Because stuff changes mid year sometimes and when people make one its based off a harness in front of them.

I did a soarer harness and was looking at the sticky and it had a number of wire diffeerences.

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
X90 body harness has nothing familiar with either soarer or the supra.

I started out checking my harness with a meter IAW the soarer and the JZA70 diagrams, and absolutely nothing was correct.

Ended up stripping the entire oem Engine and dash-harness, a 2 day job.
I wanted the OEM speed-gauge and all the other gauges working with a standalone setup. Works flawlessly now, and I did not have to make an entire new dashboard with stupid aftermarket gauges etc.

jake8790

Life's too short for N/A
Dec 18, 2011
Oregon
I could never find any info on my jzx90 harness either. What I can tell you, I'm pretty sure it's the plug in your hand, 4 wires are water temp, oil pressure switch, tach, and ground. Use a multi meter to find the correct wire. Tach is solid black wire. The plug underneath, there are two large black wires and two small black wires with red or yellow stripes. Three of these need 12 volts to run, the other is for the starter solenoid. Send 12v to these wires and the appropriate pins on the ecu and it will run.

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
Thanks for your help f00g00. Smart to go to the web archive --I kept finding links to that site but it's dead, obviously. Unfortunately those diagrams seem to be for JZX81 as opposed to X90.

Radial: Same experience here. JZZ30 and JZA70 and JZX81 and etc... but none of them are quite what I need. My car had aftermarket water temp/boost gauges installed already so that's a whole additional mess for me to figure out.

Thanks to you too, jake8790. I think that will save me a fair amount of time. The one thing I didn't get hooked up last time was the injector +12v and I suspect its one of those red or yellow-on-black wires in the bottom plug you mentioned.

I'll post back here with details once I have things sorted (car is parked in a garage ~300 miles away... so I only work on it now and then)

BTW for the record that's my dads hand. He's retired now so I employ him as a wrench-turner and occasional hand-model so he doesn't get bored. ;)