Need install help on CXRacing FMIC

jboyle83

Sep 14, 2009
Madison,AL
Does anyone have this kit (or possibly the Godspeed one, it looks the same)? If so can you tell me or even better show me how the core is supposed to mount? I am not seeing how this works...

Thanks

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
havent done it but by some of the reading ive done on it you are better off making your own brackets and throwing out the ones it comes with. and with some bending and welding it will go in...dont quote me on that though(unless im right lol)

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
Almost all the aftermarket kits that come from no-name/ebay brands are custom mounting that you need to do yourself. They might come with some brackets, but they're just universal pieces that you may or may not be able to use.

jboyle83

Sep 14, 2009
Madison,AL
Well this is a premade kit for the mkiii, all the piping is perfect, but I was hoping someone had used this kit before, and could show me how they mounted their core.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Cz.;1680625 said:
Almost all the aftermarket kits that come from no-name/ebay brands are custom mounting that you need to do yourself. They might come with some brackets, but they're just universal pieces that you may or may not be able to use.

^QFT, same goes with the Driftmotion 1jz kit.

If you notice there are almost no conveniently available mounting locations. So your options are, bend up some funny looking oddly shaped brackets, or do some welding.

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Again you get what you pay for. They are just universal brackets, you will have to bend / shape them to fit and most likley make a second set. Typically when we install IC cores I like to use two of the bolt holes on the bottom of the rad support (that originally hold the undercover on), these will almost be straight brackets, and for the top I either make a L shaped bracket and go to soem holes opn the front of the upper rad support or even to the bumper nose piece studs...if you can get them off. You will have two brackets on the bottom and two on top. Check out the BIC section here on SM , there should be some pics of our installs.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Get yourself some angle-iron and tin snips. Should be able to fab yourself some brackets in under 10 minutes. This was honestly the easiest part of my build.

Good luck.

90mkiiisupra400hp

Mar 20, 2011
Gardiner, Maine
I can't imagine it will be all that hard, I picked up this kit a while back but havn't got a chance to put it in yet. I was planning on having to make my own since my kit didn't come with any type of brackets, every kit I have seen on here has had some flat ones but not mine. Oh well, hopefully I will get around to putting mine on in the next couple of weeks. If you have got yours in let me know how it went, and maybe post up some pictures so I can figure out what I need before I tackle it, Thanks

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
i got one and got it mounted. the aluminum 'brackets' that came with it ripped and i dragged my intercooler for like 1/8th mile.

GET SOME STEEL BRACKETS.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ya i used the brackets it came with from ace. They seem like crap tho. I just used the holes where the 7m stock oil cooler lines go. Im not to trusting tho and i haven't really driven it.