Need Input on Clutch Kit decision

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
Need Input on Clutch kit decisions. I need to replace my current clutch with something that can handle the abuse and daily driving. Mods are Stock ct26 with straight pipe exhaust and a Intake.

I want to run ACT Street Edition clutch kit that can handle a good 400.
Also got a friend who wants me to run a Clutchmasters.

Would like to know people input or advice that are running ACT clutches and well as other clutch setups and clutch masters.

Thanks.

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
Clutchmasters. Tried and true. You won't be disappointed.

I personally will be going with the Clutchmasters Stage 4 FX400 6 puck. Drives like stock, holds all the power you can throw at it.

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
northwestsupra;1684040 said:
I have the act solid 6 Puck. Idk how it is though. Pedal is a little harder to push because of that awesome pressure plate

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

how do you like it ?? Handling wise ?? Do you abuse it ?? and what power you running at ??

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

northwestsupra;1684040 said:
I have the act solid 6 Puck. Idk how it is though. Pedal is a little harder to push because of that awesome pressure plate

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

how do you like it ?? Handling wise ?? Do you abuse it ?? and what power you running at ??

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
Sorry to bring this thread back up but anyone here running a ACTION Stage 3 clutch from Driftmotion, if so, how you like it ?? How does the pedal feel from Stock and do you have a SS clutch line installed on your car ??

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
As clutch line won't effect anything except fix the rotted stock 1.

I have that clutch but havent installed it yet. Maybe at the end of the month I will.