Need Help...

Supralover87

Beauty and the Boost
May 21, 2007
Ohio
I recently got a 88 supra 7M-GTE of course, the car runs beautifully but had a valve tap. everytime the car got on a 20 degree angle it would run quiet. I started to do a complete tuneup because the car has been sitting in a garage for over a year and not touched. Everything was clean enough to eat off of, until I went to change the spark plugs. The plugs had not been gapped originally and were extremely worn, the middle too are covered in burnt oil. I am familar with honda and mitsubishi but not supras. How do I begin to solve this problem, all the info I keep getting is leading me in circles.

Ish

SM Pimp
Apr 5, 2005
Socal
You mean there's oil leaking into your spark plugs? If so you should replace the valve cover gaskets and the stock screws with hex/allen bolts.

SevenMKIII

No more Supra no more fun
Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
The plugs had not been gapped originally and were extremely worn, the middle too are covered in burnt oil.
The part of the spark plug that is in the head was covered in burnt oil? Might be bad valve stem seals leaking oil into combustion chamber and burning onto them.

-Chris