Need help with the Momo Steering wheel adaptor??

SimpleMKIII

Oct 17, 2008
Riverside, Ca
Just got mine today and it dosent fit all the way. Does anybody have one here for the MKIII Supra?? Mine is a 88, and the hub dosent sit all the way down and make any connections at all. The horn dosen work and signal does not retract. Is this hub supposed to be plug and play perfect?? I would of just bought the Grant set up if I knew I was going to have problems like this...

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Had no problems
Combo is NRGv2 sparco flash 5 wheel momo hub.
This combo moves the wheel closer to the driver so hitting the turn signals is harder.
You also must make or customize the horn slip ring to work.

SimpleMKIII

Oct 17, 2008
Riverside, Ca
Yeah, thanks for your support and chimin in. You figure spending soo much on these things it should fit. I spent almost all day working on that steering wheel, I just cut and soildered and drilled three holes in the rear with the help of goop and it worked great!!! Telescope has no probs, no problems with turn signal too close, everything works. Man, i could of gotten the grant setup and saved alot if i knew I had to do all this work. Sheesh.

Probably would of been a few pounds lighter too!!!

Sorry no pics....Got a few pm's about this so hit me back if you dont understand...But wasnt hard to do. Time consuming. Just look at the back of the gold plate, you will see the aluminum circle with the holes in it. Around the alum circle is some black like plastic. Get a solder pen and go around the black and remove it. This will cause the plastic cup to come appart from the adaptor, no worries though for the alum groves is the important part that keeps the steering wheel in place. This has to be done for the white ring with the three feet to sit properly around the circle. This is where the goop comes into place, get your slider ring and put grease on the three feet like things on the ring and place it where it sits. Drill the grease markings. The holes can be oversized by twice so dont worry. Clear the holes the best with a pick for plastic debris will set inside. Size up the ring and make shure it sits well in the holes. Goop up the plastic piece that came appart with the adaptor. For the horn you keep the large black ring that sits around the small white plastic ring with the three feet. I nubbed the square with the three prongs from the exisiting wire to the horn down to almost a 1/2 inch. I only kept the one outer terminal/concave like wings which is the horn for I dont have cruise which is the other two. Watch out though, one of the prongs is a ground which is the middle one which is part of the cruise??? if you decide to keep the remaining terminals. You will see when you nubb it down how close they can make contact. I would remove the first and second terminals/concave like wings in the back of this black ring so that the cruse is completly gone. I dont want my horn going off in traffic if they touch. If you have problems getting to the horn terminal for its too tight, you can use the solder pen again to just rub off plastic. The terminal sort of bends and you can pull it up after you remove the plastic by burning it with the solder pen. its easy when you see it. After nubbing them down I simply soildered two inches of wire from the horn on the nubb to the gold part on the back. Its real easy to solder these pecies. Since you also have space behind the adaptor the two inch wire will sit freely and will follow as you spin the steering wheel, so nothing will get tangled. If the t signals dont retract make the holes slightly bigger and play with it for awhile before putting the nut on and tighting it down. Attach the wire from the gold ring that goes thru the adaptor to the horn button and attach the returning wire from horn button to the metal peice that the allen bolts go thru. Enjoy.. I played with it for almost half a day and got it to work great. Hope this helps and feel free to pm me.

Oh goop is a strong glue for those who dont know that can be bought at most hardware stores or automotive. Plumbing or automotive works the same.

Last edited: