Need help with BOV installation - Vancouver!!

LatinomaN

Aug 10, 2006
Vancouver, B.C
Hey guys, I live in Vancouver, B.C and I was just wondering if anyone knew how to install a BOV... I know it's a stupid question but I'm not much of a grease monkey, just an autobody guy lol. I have a Greddy Type S BOV and I'm stuck at that, haha. I've been told I need to get the flange (which I don't know where to get) but I've seen them installed in so many different ways I don't know which way is correct or the best. Someone please help me out, thanks :)

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Looks like you can use a flange for either a Type S, Type RS, or Type R Greddy BOV's, they're all the same. Just doing a quick look over the internet, looks like it shouldn't cost much more than $30 for an official one, I'm sure people have their own fabbed ones as well.

You'll have to find someone to weld that flange on to whatever you're using as a port for the BOV on your IC piping. After that, remove the old bypass valve, plug whatever you don't need open that it was using, recirculate the exhaust of the Greddy BOV back in to the intake after the MAF, and run your vacuum line that was going to the bypass valve to the Greddy BOV. I think that's about it. Someone will chime in if I'm missing something. Other than the welding, the rest should be pretty straight forward :)

Last edited:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Assuming you are mounting this on an otherwise stock engine, sounds like he's got the steps pretty much nailed.

If it's a stock engine, you either need to upgrade your intercooler pipes to hardpipes and weld the flange to them, or weld it to a short piece of pipe and replace one of the plastic bits that currently form your intercooler pipes.