Need Help With Battery

Suitcase Jefferson

Sep 28, 2010
Canada, eh?
www.furstatic.com
I'm looking to get a new battery for my Supra. My last one has gone dead for the last time -- I think it may be faulty -- as it had been sitting for a few years with the vehicle before I bought it off of the previous owner.

Is there any specific information that I require to present to a shop (Canadian Tire) to get the correct battery for my car?

Or can I simply walk to the desk and ask for a battery for a '89 Supra?

Please excuse my ignorance as I am new to this.

Thanks for your time,
Jeff

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
You should just be able to walk into a battery shop and tell them you need a battery for a 89 Toyota Supra. I assume they have either a book or computer to look up the battery part number to ensure the terminal locations are correct. :D

Suitcase Jefferson

Sep 28, 2010
Canada, eh?
www.furstatic.com
modmonster2008;1656848 said:
You should just be able to walk into a battery shop and tell them you need a battery for a 89 Toyota Supra. I assume they have either a book or computer to look up the battery part number to ensure the terminal locations are correct. :D

Ah, awesome. I thought as much - thank you! :)

gloops

Aug 10, 2007
richmond
my 10 year old interstate battery just died- i got it from bcaa battery assist.
online they quote $145.95 for a new battery for my 88 supra- they come to your place install it and take away the old one.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
gloops;1657142 said:
my 10 year old interstate battery just died- i got it from bcaa battery assist.
online they quote $145.95 for a new battery for my 88 supra- they come to your place install it and take away the old one.

Wow for 146 was it atleast close to an optima battery?

Interstate batteries are great IMO, i got one for my new daily for 55 bucks and for the supra is 70 but i already have a vatozone battery in it i paid 89 or so for it 2 yrs ago