Need help w/ 50MM Ebay Wastegate

rob21a48422

1JZ+Holset=Go Fast!!!
Sep 7, 2007
Port Huron, Michigan
www.myspace.com
This one's pretty simple. I just bought a 50MM Ebay Wastegate (SSAC) and I'm about to finish up my 1JZ / Holset swap. The turbo has 3 ports on it. A big one and a small one on the top, and a big one on the side. The screw in elbow will fit either of the 2 large ones. I'm going to be running the wastegate directly off of the turbo in the begininng but eventually I'll be adding a boost solenoid and using my MAP-ECU2 to control the boost. My question is how should it be hooked up? Both at first (direct) and down the line (Boost Controller)? Any input would be great. I'm getting impatient since I had a succesful first start-up tonight. Hopefully I can have it on the road by next week. Here's a pic of the WG:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

rob21a48422

1JZ+Holset=Go Fast!!!
Sep 7, 2007
Port Huron, Michigan
www.myspace.com
OK, I'll run the line to the side. By leaving the top open you mean just that, leaving them open and not plugging them with bolts or anything? I know people hate just about anything Ebay related on this forum but this WG is going to have to get me by until I can save up and get a Synapse Synchronic 50MM. Once I go with a boost controller will it be hooked up the same way?

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
rob21a48422;1371736 said:
OK, I'll run the line to the side. By leaving the top open you mean just that, leaving them open and not plugging them with bolts or anything? I know people hate just about anything Ebay related on this forum but this WG is going to have to get me by until I can save up and get a Synapse Synchronic 50MM. Once I go with a boost controller will it be hooked up the same way?

I ran one for a while, and it was just the most piece of junk.
Good luck with it.