Need Help: Removing 1JZ Twins

YYCSupra

Getting back in the game
Aug 4, 2014
Alberta
I'm stuck...I have disconnected everything and I cannot get the rear Y-pipe off of the rear turbo due to lack of space (I tried a pry bar to push the engine forward a bit and the best I could do was loosen the bolt). I have everything else undone and my problems is that I cannot slide the whole turbo/manifold setup off of the studs. I've tried disconnecting at the block and the manifold with no difference.

My last attempt I was trying to remove the center manifold and the front turbo together however when I undid the clamp (I think it might be a V-band clamp) to disconnect the rear housing from the rear turbo but it will not come apart. I tried hammering it and it won't budge. Any idea how to disconnect the housing?

I'll take a few pictures and post in a few minutes.

YYCSupra

Getting back in the game
Aug 4, 2014
Alberta
Yeah I tried but they didn't seem to want to budge. I ended up using a sawsal on two studs on the rear turbo to get it off. Going single now. Screw putting on another set of twins. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
Right on, I have a driftmotion 6262 kit that's sitting at home waitng for me to throw in

YYCSupra;2047162 said:
Yeah I tried but they didn't seem to want to budge. I ended up using a sawsal on two studs on the rear turbo to get it off. Going single now. Screw putting on another set of twins. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk