Need help plz - Cooling system

ImUrOBGYN

NoNameNomad
Mar 30, 2005
Texas
I heard a small, bubbling coolant leak around my intake plenum. I could see some coolant pooling in small amounts on the bottome intake plenum right below the fuel rail mostly in the middle. I could not see from where, only hear. Important: I no longer have a coolant line running to my ISC and my throttle body. Are there any other hoses around there? Any others on that side at all? If not, can someone plz list the possibilities? Thank you very much. I've got it still torn down from the knock sensor replacement I did this morning. I really need to do this today, tomorrow latest for work of course on Mon. Any help would be Greatly appreciated.

Christian

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
No. that's basically it, other than the little nipple on the lower manifold itself. perhaps the intake gasket is leaking it up and onto the lower runners?

Go to an autoparts store and pick up a small container of coolant dye (kit if they have it, unless you've got a small blacklight already), pick up a couple cans of brake cleaner.
Spray the area clean in the vicinity of the leak.
Add the dye to the radiator and run the car.
With the blacklight in hand, inspect for leaks. It's best to do this in a garage with most of the lights off or outside at dusk, even deep shade would work.
Slowly you'll start to see the area begin to glow. Turn off the car and look all around the general area. You'll soon find the source of the leak.

ImUrOBGYN

NoNameNomad
Mar 30, 2005
Texas
Where's the little nipple you're talking about? I thought about the dye thing, but first, I have no ride and second, my intake manifold and all adjoining stuff is off right now. I dont want to put it back on and off and on again due to a recent back injury. (I'm having to take pain killers and many, many breaks just doing what I've done.) Worst comes to worst I will take the dye route or try pressuring the system.