need help installing aem uego

juan jz

Mar 21, 2008
Anaheim
can someone point me in the right direction, trying to instal the aem uego wide band on my 1jz. need instruction or tips

TomFraser

juan jz;1508372 said:
can someone point me in the right direction, trying to instal the aem uego wide band on my 1jz. need instruction or tips

I'll give you the generic steps, I assume they won't be clear enough, so quote the step you need more help on and I will go into depth.

First weld a bung on your exhaust I would go about 36 inches back from the turbo, people have different opinions on distance from turbo.

Then the gauge/controller needs to be installed. Install where you want and plug in both harnesses. One harness is power ground and output to an external object such as an aftermarket ECU. The other harness is what goes to the wideband.

The harness that goes to the wideband needs to be installed through the firewall so drill a hole and put a gromet on the wire. Have it go out so that it is near the bung. Install the o2 sensor and connect the sensor to the harness you just installed. Make sure it is installed in such a way that it is not near the ground, and near things that will hit the ground before it does if you bottom the car out.

That is what you do... what part do you need specific help with?

juan jz

Mar 21, 2008
Anaheim
You sumed it up, thanks for the help, I was just trying to figure out the wiring. Power and ground I got but the purple and white is what I was woundering, but I'm guessing from what u wrote they are optional

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
Those wires are 0-5V output (for something like datalogging on the Maft Pro or similar) and serial output (which I believe is used with the AEM EMS). Can't remember which is which, my wideband isn't here.