Need help identifying this plug

suprabee

Celicasupra.com Member
May 18, 2006
Scotts Valley, California
I have no idea what this goes to, it was just hanging down below the turbo,
no error codes or engine/running issues. I'm on my way to replacing the valve stem seals and moved the power steering reservoir out of the way and noticed this wire.

It is quite long and it taped/stems from the wire leading to the oil sending unit (I mislabeled it oil pressure in the pic)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Rick

Last edited:

suprabee

Celicasupra.com Member
May 18, 2006
Scotts Valley, California
thevork;1379668 said:
i would think it's not connected. not on my car as far as i can remember.
maybe for an oil level sending unit as seen on 1990 + supras ?

i have a 92 auto, and like I traced in the picture, there is a wire attached to the oil sending unit already.

supraman666

Mar 20, 2009
PAWTUCKET RI
is this a california emissions car? u say its long maybe its for the second o2 sensor. never seen one but it has that braided sleve like the one o2 on mine

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
I posted a LONG time ago about the same wire. No one could figure what it was. The connector that was* on it, was a squarish type, ill try to find the picture of what I meant. I found mine on my '91.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Here it is. I bought a Brand new ( '92 ) harness is was on.

This is a Brand new harness I took pictures of to help people, looks like it came in handle. That wire with he broken plus you're holding is plug #10

Again, I posted about this and no clear answer was given.

Hope this helps give you an idea of what it looked like though, maybe someone will chime in, sorry I was not of more assistance.

p1380165_1.jpg

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
supraman666;1380153 said:
is this a california emissions car? u say its long maybe its for the second o2 sensor. never seen one but it has that braided sleve like the one o2 on mine

You're thinking OBDII, which didn't come out til '96, and it was required for all cars.

In the owners manual (the thin one that comes with the car) it says that the california model has a pre-cat, along with the cat that comes after the downpipe. That's the only difference that I know of.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
livinasask8er;1380184 said:
You're thinking OBDII, which didn't come out til '96, and it was required for all cars.

In the owners manual (the thin one that comes with the car) it says that the california model has a pre-cat, along with the cat that comes after the downpipe. That's the only difference that I know of.

What I should have done was take DVOM and trace where it goes to, DAMNIT. Oh well..

It may have been for that, but those harnesses were custom, for California, and the other states that required it. Just like there is no EGR TEMP sensor plugs on other States cars..