Need help identifying these wires...

bluemkiii

redmkiii's little brother
Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
Ok guys I need help idendifying these two wires by the alternator what are they to? Here is a pic,
1qr0ie.jpg

and these other two at the rear of the head by the map sensor,
r94b4h.jpg

Oh and my 1jz is out of a soarer auto, thanks for the help guys.:icon_bigg

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
if nobody helps you by tomorrow ill check when the sun is up, i think the second one goes to the heater valve on the firewall???? and maybe the first set of green wires is for the CPS???

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
bluemkiii;911492 said:
^ thanks that would be awesome man, where exactly is the cps? so that I can check.

cam position sensor is cps... or is it crank... :)

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
If they are by the alternator, they won't be cam position sensor wires, they'll be crank position sensor wires. The crank sensor connects into the block just behind the crank pulley and next to the alternator.

Edit: but my crank position sensor wires are red and white...so i don't think that's what they are anyhow

bluemkiii

redmkiii's little brother
Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
well its not the crank position sensor, and my motor is out of a soarer so I don't think it would be hydro fan solenoid, and as for the power steering solenoid wouldn't that be located at the other side of the motor by the power steering pump?

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
bluemkiii;915627 said:
well its not the crank position sensor, and my motor is out of a soarer so I don't think it would be hydro fan solenoid, and as for the power steering solenoid wouldn't that be located at the other side of the motor by the power steering pump?

no, the solenoid is mounted on the steering box, which is on the exhaust side on a RHD car.