Need help hooking up MBC on single 1jz

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
I have the DM single turbo kit with the tail knock off WG. I am not sure exactly how to hook it up, as far which vacuum lines, or if I can even use it on this WG.
This is the MBC I haveImageUploadedByTapatalk1346908464.186471.jpg
Here is how I have the vac lines so far, there is a vac line on top of the WG as well. Thanks for the help
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346908518.265213.jpg

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
It looks like a standard ball/spring boost controller, just install it inline with the hose that you have hooked up, it looks like there is a directional arrow on it, have the arrow facing towards the wastegate. Start with it fully open then slowly adjust it until you reach your desired boost, I would check the website of the manufacturer and get the full tuning instructions.

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
I used it for the stock twins and tuned the boost with it just the way you described:)
I just was not sure if it would work the same on this type of a set up, so I wanted to double check before I cut that vac line and installed it.
So there is no vac line that needs to go to top port on the WG?
Thanks again for the help!

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
The top vac port on the WG is for "advanced boost adjustment", as the professionals like to call it. Not applicable in your application.