need help could my walbro be going bad?

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
hey guys i need some help, there is something really wrong with my car. i know this isn't the 1jz section but i haven't had any luck there so i'm hoping this has happened to a 7m and maybe you guys could give me some insight. it runs super rich at idle and partial throttle, around 9:1 a/r but once i hit wot it gets super lean, 14+ a/r... it also chokes and bogs like crazy under 2000 rpms or 35 mph, it feels like its not going to be able to move anywhere because it chokes and bogs at 1500 rpms but once i get above about 2500 rpms it runs a little smoother but still bogs and chokes alittle. overall it runs really rough no matter at idle or when i'm driving and it sucks gas down like no other, i drive around town for like 10 minutes and i can see my gas gauage sink. i think it could be my 550s gone bad or maybe my walbro fuel pump, i thought it was my 1j ecu but i put in a patch/jumper harness with a 2jz ecu and an emanage ultimate and it still runs the same as when the 1j ecu is in. i've switched the ecus around numerous times and i'm stomped so i was hoping you guys could help me out. my mods are pt70 single, 255 walbro, 550cc usdm injectors with 7m resistor pack, and a 2jz ecu with an emanage ultimate. let me know what you guys think and if you have any questions just ask. I forgot to add that it happened before but it went back to normal after i turned off the car for like 5 minutes then turned it back on and there were no codes thrown. it also idles around 5-600 rpms with misfire. walbro has 12 volt mod and the car ran fine with the 550s before this problem. also i have a kill switch on my pump and when i turn it off the car still runs like the pump is still on but the car runs a little better with the kill switch turned off... and it happened when i was on the dyno, i never had problems when driving on rough roads or going over bumps...

thanks, toua

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
For what it's worth. I know this doesn't make sense. I couldn't figure out why , but when my coil packs went out It did the same thing to me. It went lean 15s, when i would try and accelerate. I bought all new coils and it ran great after that.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
S.A. supra;1408014 said:
For what it's worth. I know this doesn't make sense. I couldn't figure out why , but when my coil packs went out It did the same thing to me. It went lean 15s, when i would try and accelerate. I bought all new coils and it ran great after that.

ok thanks man, i will check my coils also

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
Hmong_1G;1408701 said:
Check for proper Fuel pressure. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? A faulty FPR will do just the same.

ok, i have a fuel pressure gauage with my aeromotive fpr. do those things ever go bad?

Hmong_1G

Name the Place and time.
Dec 31, 2008
California
Where's your FP reading at idle? With Vac and without? Is the walbro rewired? Is it the High Pressure walbro? J tube delete or drilled?

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
Hmong_1G;1409385 said:
Where's your FP reading at idle? With Vac and without? Is the walbro rewired? Is it the High Pressure walbro? J tube delete or drilled?

at idle without vac i believe the fp is around 20-25 psi but i don't know about when the vac is on... i turned it down really low because if i didn't it wouldn't run and it'll just flood... my walbros got the 12 volt mod and its the 255 without the j tube, its been bypassed with -6 an lines

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
ok i checked all that and everything seemed to be ok, then i rechecked my codes and got code 31 which is an air flow meter code on the usdms but what is it for a jdm motor? i was thinking map sensor because when i unplugged my map sensor there was no affect on the way my car was running. LMK what you guys think.

thanks, toua

oh btw anyone know how to wire a gm 3 bar map sensor in? i'm gonna try that because its cheaper than a oem one