Need Help ASAP No Start

thebadz32

Mar 16, 2008
Louisville Ky,
Well I found a 90 n/a auto supra that had spun a bearing on the orignal motor, the guy put in another motor but it wont start me and my friend went and looked at it tonight it cranks great but no start my friend thinks its a ground issue because when the car doors are closed and even locked with the key out of it the check engine light stays on when u put in the key and turn it the light goes off. Its pretty important that i figure this out because if i get it ill be tradeing my girlfriends car for it and thats her only car but she wants a supra like mine so please help. Also the guy said he checked all the fused and changed some of the relays still no start.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Wiring is FUBAR as the ECU would need power for the check engine light to be on... Shouldn't have power with the key off...

thebadz32

Mar 16, 2008
Louisville Ky,
Poodles;1160123 said:
Wiring is FUBAR as the ECU would need power for the check engine light to be on... Shouldn't have power with the key off...

i wonder what he could have done wrong its not really a swap or anything just a replacement. conectors can only plug in one way and in one place aside from unpluging conectors to take the motor out and put it back in there shouldnt have been any reason for him to mess with the wireing

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
check the ground under the intake manifold 2 white wires and 2 brown connected together and bolts to the manifold

tsparks01

Jun 6, 2008
queens new york
thebadz32;1160805 said:
if i go look at it again ill do that

also chk the battery connect cable to c if those are grounded right and the ground on the firewall.....sound like u have constant power or ground problem...also chk the security system to c if it disarms and arms