Need help ASAP! bad idle.!

SuperSupraJeff

Still learning
Oct 31, 2013
Norman, OK
Ok, guys, my car is running like crap. It has a bad start and when it's running cold it runs terrible with a miss and bad idle, but when it's hot it just wants to straight out die. It has a slight lag when I try revving it also. I was thinking maybe the TPS? Because when it was running I unplugged the TPS and it started to run a lot better but still had a really bad miss and also the ISC thing doesn't seem to have any vacuum or do anything for that matter. nor does the BVSV but I don't think that's a big deal.. I'm not sure what to do here so take it easy on me.. haha. I wish I could check for codes but I don't have any way to at the moment.. The car idled good before I did plugs and put Valve cover gaskets on (I had oil in my spark plug valleys) I also pulled the injectors today and cleaned them up and put O-rings on them looking for the problem but nothing changed really

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Since this started after you changed plugs, I'd look there. I'd check that you connected the plug wires correctly, and the plugs themselves are gapped properly. Pull them out and check the condition of each one.

You can't check codes? Are paper clips in short supply at the moment?

SRZMK3

Sounds like you might have a bad intake leak after your maf sensor. Start it up and spray something close to the intake and hear if the rpm changes to see if you got any cracks in it. Orr you iac valve might be going bad.

SuperSupraJeff

Still learning
Oct 31, 2013
Norman, OK
I don't really need this thread anymore. I found the problem it was either the vacuum lines under the intake or the ISCV I replaced. I don't really know how to delete this so if someone could tell me how or do it for me that would be great