Need experienced opinions

Furyian

Jan 28, 2009
Louisiana
I bought a maft pro setup and have a few questions. I have the stock 440cc injectors and I have some 680cc injectors that came with the car. In addition, I have a HKS FCON W/ GCC.

Now my question is should I run the 680cc injectors and get a WB O2 sensor and keep the HKS setups or change to a SAFC along with the maft pro and use the SAFC for fuel tuning? Or if anyone has any other suggestions or comments.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
Keep the maft pro and sell the other stuff, as for the injectors i would say it depends on your HP goals and if you really need the fuel.

why would you need the safc to tune on top of the maft pro?

Furyian

Jan 28, 2009
Louisiana
This is my first time every taking anything from AFM and converting it to MAF. As far as the SAFC, I have heard of people using it to tune the fuel. I guess they used it because it's easier then using the MAFT pro. As far as injectors, I don't know what HP goal I'm looking for [I know it sounds dumb]. This is my first supra and really don't know what HP range would be the best fit for me. I got the car and it was kind of half assed and I'm going back through it. It never really performed right so I'm taking the time and doing it to the best of my abilities.

I was just figuring that if I go with the 680cc injectors if I would have more options if I want to push more PSI because the bottom is fully forged so it can handle it. If I put the 680cc injectors in and only want to run 15 PSI or so I should just be able to lean it out and not run rich right? And if I wanted to run lets say 20 or more PSI I wouldn't have to change injectors.

How hard is it to tune using a MAFT pro? I have had people tell me it isn't easy at all but worth it. But I mean it's good to know that I could get rid of the FCON and graphic controller and just have the MAFT pro and possibly not have to worry about getting a SAFC for fuel issues

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
I got the maftpro aswell, I've never used the safc but the maftpro can handle everything. It's as close to a standalone as you can get. If you use the 680's you can just turn your mainscale down to adjust for it, not sure if it will affect atomization/spray pattern though, somone with more education on gasoline fuel injectors should be able to help there. I wouldn't say tuning with it easy or hard but you got lots of reading to do, trust me.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
you should be fine with the injectors.....idle tuning will be a bit tuff but those injectors arent that big.....hell ij uses 1000cc injectors and he is only pushing just under 500hp although he uses sequential injection...either way your injectors will work fine youll just need to play around with base fuel pressure a bit

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
^ and he has a standalone which wont muck with the timing on the top end when you suck XX% out on the mainscale.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
did you buy the maft pro or maft translator? if its the maft translator, then using some other type of fuel computer (safc, neo, etc) is a good idea. the maft pro not only has the option of converting to speed density, but also has the option of wb tracking... which is very useful. the maft pro will allow you to adjust fuel and set afr at wot.