Need clutch advice as well as good tuner in NOVA

dvanhouten

Dec 19, 2012
Fairfax, VA
I'm putting the finishing touches on rebuild and I need advice on what clutch to use. I want daily driver ease while still safely handling the power. The build is as follows
JE Pistons .02 oversized
Eagle rods
BC stage 2 cams with ported and polished head
Hks intercooler
Fluidyne radiator
550 cc injectors
Lexus afm
Areomotive afpr
Garrett t61 turbo

I will be upgrading the fuel pump once I'm back to working on the body and re-installing everything. You all know this potential way better than I so I only want to do the clutch once.

Also looking for someone that actually knows what they're doing when it comes to tuning a 7m in the Northern Virginia area. I'll let them do the air fuel controller so it goes painlessly.

Thanks

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
I use the ACT HD/ Perf Street sprung. It hasn't slipped once with over 400 hp and feels like a normal clutch. However I am not drag racing it either. Regarding a fuel pump, I use the one for MkIV. It's is a direct replacement and known to good for up to 500 HP I do believe. Nice and quiet.

One thing about the ACT. The one I got was out of balance and had to return it. ACT sent another one but would not acknowledge there was anything wrong with the first one. Even though I sent a video of it showing that it had a heavy side.. I'm just glad my mechanic noticed it before he put all back together.

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
I am using an ACT Stage III and 6 puck disc. It has never slipped and has been great for the last 20K miles. It was however very stiff the first 5k or so. It was very much an "in or out" setup. But it will definitely handle the power.

Really the only way IMO to get stock feel with the clamping force required for lots of power to go to a twin disc setup.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
i would get a twin disk if you can swing it. i have the action 6 puck rated at 500hp and its slipped when drag racing on me a couple times. i don't think it liked all the heat from burning out to heat up drag radial plus the lauch right after. my car made 385whp at 15psi but i drag race on 20 or 22 and never dyno'd it on that boost though. if you don't plan on drag racing it would be fine. i autox with it too and it works well. but my next clutch is gonna be twin no doubt. been looking at this little guy

http://www.frsport.com/3PT-2-Mini-T...p_27454.html?gclid=CM253LTvpcACFSbl7Aod_h4AiQ