Need an opinion on clutch choice

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
Hey everyone, I have a couple questions... Im looking at three clutch choices right now.
The Fidanza 4.3
http://www.thmotorsports.com/fidanza/fidanza_clutch_43_performance_clutch/g-54434.aspx

and then I am also looking at the Southbend clutches. The XD-B Series
Stage 4
http://www.dxdracingclutches.com/ (you'll have to look through the site)
and the OFE HD Stage 3.

The reason i don't know what to choose, is because I know very little about either clutch manufacturer. I have read good reviews about both manufacturers. I Am going to be daily driving, with occasional track use. I would still like to be able to launch my car hard on the street, but I also want a driveable clutch, that engages with as little effort as possible. The less chatter the better too. Would a six puck or the full faced from southbend be better for my needs?

I know this is alot to ask, but what do you think is better for my needs, and if any one has used either of these, please let me know your opinion. Im looking for specifics like amount of chatter, How good is it for daily driving, durability, and can it handle the power its rated for? Thank you!

a10secstreetcar

F-Con V Pro FTW!
Feb 7, 2009
FLORIDA
You missed a few important factors.

1.) What's your HP goal?

2.) Price range?

I just picked up a Stage 4 Clutch from Driftmotion for my 2jz. I'm in the same boat, Driving on the street is important but I do more drag racing. You really just need to focus on the 1 and 2 and then you can pickup whatever clutch fits your budget.

You really can't go wrong with any of those choises. Just make sure it's raed for you hp goals!

Kyle

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
a10secstreetcar;1520601 said:
You missed a few important factors.
First of all thanks
1.) What's your HP goal? and around 440 wheel at max.

2.) Price range? Well I dont want to spend any more than the stage four Southbend price.
And I think I decided on the Southbend Stage 3 OFE kit. Full faced, feramic and medium metal clutch. More streetable, but still has tourque capacity of 520.

I just picked up a Stage 4 Clutch from Driftmotion for my 2jz. I'm in the same boat, Driving on the street is important but I do more drag racing. You really just need to focus on the 1 and 2 and then you can pickup whatever clutch fits your budget.

You really can't go wrong with any of those choises. Just make sure it's raed for you hp goals!

Kyle

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
Well, I ordered the full facing clutch from Southbend. They say it is much more street friendly. I hope it works out!

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
The feramic? If so good luck! I welded that clutch to the fidanza flywheel twice and the stock flywheel once! If u drag race do not slip the clutch! I have a full face 8 puck clutch from them now and its awesome!

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
Yeah, I really hope that doesnt happen. I dont plan on drag racing, or even racing for that matter. Just some quick fun here and there. Think I should be okay for those purposes?