Need a "Supra" shop

ImUrOBGYN

NoNameNomad
Mar 30, 2005
Texas
Due to car related stress and a few other crucial problems in my life, I'm unable to deal with some things anymore and my gf has pretty much demanded I get someone to fix the supra to at least solve one of the problems. At this point, the only shop I know of that has alot of Supra experience is Accelerated Performance in Toledo, Ohio. According to Jaime both owners have owned MKIII's and one of them actually prefers them.

Are there any others in Ohio who've had a lot of Supra experience, especially 7M experience, that aren't ridiculously priced or take a year before I commit?

Thanks.

Ronald

Oct 16, 2007
Cleveland OH
BHG - - - there's nothing wrong with your car man, this is a completely normal condition... :sarcasm:

All kidding aside, I have a limited knowledge base about these guys, but from some searching I did on some local sites, Accelerated Performance is the ONLY place in Northern OH you want working on your Supra.

Russ and Don own the place together I believe, and before I bought my Supra I had a Russian friend who had abuilt 7MGTE MKIII and he raved about them and worked with them a bit on the side.... He went to UT for school but lived here in the Cleveland area w/parents some time back. We putted around quite a bit and worked on cars together (his MKIII and at the time my Subie)...

I sold the Subie eventually, and he rolled the MKIII; I developed major FAST CAR WITHDRAWAL SYNDROME and two weeks later found myself on the way to South Carolina to pick up my current 2JZ'd '88.

So I bought the car in a little bit of rough shape, and got in touch with Russ at Accelerated and he was going to be able to take my car in July to put in larger fuel injectors, Apexi NEO, power steering rack, etc etc.... Was nice guy, easy to deal with, gave me a quote... etc.

I never ended up going to have the work done because I decided to accomplish as much as possible on my own first, save some money, and get a larger 'chunk' of different stuff done next summer. But still they were eay to talk to and get ahold of and before even calling them I asked around the local forums quite a bit (toledotuners, etc) and Accelerated came constantly highly recommended as the guys to work on a Supra.

I think Don is the one who's into building 1000whp MKIV's, according to my old Russian buddy anyways.

So while I don't have experience with them working on my car, i've heard nothing but good stuff about them. And his prices quoted to me were fair as well.

I will get out there eventually, its just a long haul for me and I'll have to leave my car and go back to pick it up; just haven't been able to find the time to do that just yet. There are places around here like Sweitzer which is local to Northeast, OH area, I can't remember exaclty where, but he's EXPENSIVE and has started working on "wealthy" guy's Porshes and demands a cost for his work. Not even sure he does much with Supra's anyways.

On the other side, Accelerated was pretty busy when I called, was going to be about 1 - 1.5 months before they could get to my car. So if you're in a big hurry, maybe its not the place for you? 419-474-7170 if you're looking for their #.

Good luck with the repairs either way! Tell your wife not to a blow a head gasket over the whole situation... :biglaugh:

ImUrOBGYN

NoNameNomad
Mar 30, 2005
Texas
Ronald;1097171 said:
BHG - - - there's nothing wrong with your car man, this is a completely normal condition... :sarcasm:

All kidding aside, I have a limited knowledge base about these guys, but from some searching I did on some local sites, Accelerated Performance is the ONLY place in Northern OH you want working on your Supra.

Russ and Don own the place together I believe, and before I bought my Supra I had a Russian friend who had abuilt 7MGTE MKIII and he raved about them and worked with them a bit on the side.... He went to UT for school but lived here in the Cleveland area w/parents some time back. We putted around quite a bit and worked on cars together (his MKIII and at the time my Subie)...

I sold the Subie eventually, and he rolled the MKIII; I developed major FAST CAR WITHDRAWAL SYNDROME and two weeks later found myself on the way to South Carolina to pick up my current 2JZ'd '88.

So I bought the car in a little bit of rough shape, and got in touch with Russ at Accelerated and he was going to be able to take my car in July to put in larger fuel injectors, Apexi NEO, power steering rack, etc etc.... Was nice guy, easy to deal with, gave me a quote... etc.

I never ended up going to have the work done because I decided to accomplish as much as possible on my own first, save some money, and get a larger 'chunk' of different stuff done next summer. But still they were eay to talk to and get ahold of and before even calling them I asked around the local forums quite a bit (toledotuners, etc) and Accelerated came constantly highly recommended as the guys to work on a Supra.

I think Don is the one who's into building 1000whp MKIV's, according to my old Russian buddy anyways.

So while I don't have experience with them working on my car, i've heard nothing but good stuff about them. And his prices quoted to me were fair as well.

I will get out there eventually, its just a long haul for me and I'll have to leave my car and go back to pick it up; just haven't been able to find the time to do that just yet. There are places around here like Sweitzer which is local to Northeast, OH area, I can't remember exaclty where, but he's EXPENSIVE and has started working on "wealthy" guy's Porshes and demands a cost for his work. Not even sure he does much with Supra's anyways.

On the other side, Accelerated was pretty busy when I called, was going to be about 1 - 1.5 months before they could get to my car. So if you're in a big hurry, maybe its not the place for you? 419-474-7170 if you're looking for their #.

Good luck with the repairs either way! Tell your wife not to a blow a head gasket over the whole situation... :biglaugh:

Thank for the reply. It looks more and more like I'm going to them.

As far as what's wrong with it, if I knew that, there wouldn't be a problem:icon_wink and trust me when I say that the problems it exhibits could be a few things. It's been a very weird sequence of events lately with this car. It may not have aids, but Im fairly certain it's possessed.:evil2:

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
IIRC suprarich is in ohio. Shoot him a PM and see what he can do for you. That is one person I would trust 200% working on my car.

Ronald

Oct 16, 2007
Cleveland OH
-=Fonz=-;1098104 said:
was that suppose to be funny ???

uh no, it was completely serious. I knew another Supra owner.......

Actually yes it was a pathetic attempt at humor, sorry. It was late in the day and I was terribly bored at work; when the Sienfeld episode came to mind about the girlfriend that got Gonorea from the tractor episode.......

Anyways, sorry and yes i know it was a pathetic attempt at being funny; i promise to try and do better next time ;)