need a little help please

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
Hello its been a while since i came here anyways I finally finished my auto to 5 spd i have a w58 in it now. anyways i bought a reman slave and master cylinder on ebay years ago and if i remember it said it was for all years 7mge(go figure....at the time i didnt know there were different parts between pre 89 and post)

so heres my situation when you press on the pedal it doesnt feel like its disengaging almost as if there is air in the system, also when you release the pedal it only comes maybe half way up ( i have bled and bled the system plenty of times, with the help of a friend and also a self bleeder kit, there doesnt appear to be any air in the system, also there are no signs the slave or master cylinder is leaking) any suggestions? is it possible that the slave cylinder is incorrect and this is what is causing it? and if anyone knows please tell me the difference between pre 89 and 89+ slave cylinders. thanks in advance

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
slave clyleder fits From 01/1986 To 08/1988 the 89+ are different, but what year did your tranny come from? you will need the slave to match the transmission. difference i dont know, but im going to guess the rod that moves the clutch fork is a different length.

the master on the firewall are the same from 86.5-92, as there same part numbers.

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
Thanks bioskyline the trans is from an 88 ill try and pick up a different slave and see if it makes a difference

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Could be a bad master as well since its supposed to be reman and on eBay. Who knows what who did what to it.

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
yeah could be lol I bought them a few years ago when I was still new to things and if I had known then I would have not bought but oh well you win some and lose some ill try the slave first then master thanks for your input