LOL "diggin for wheels"....

You will never outlive the hooters meet, you get this

militia-fail.jpg

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
Sooooooooooooooooo. 40 miles east of Flagstaff Arizona on my my way home from spending a week in Oklahoma, my dear sweet car decides that now is a great time to stop boosting, pour oil into the intake AND the exhaust, and blow GIANT FUCKING CLOUDS of smoke across the freeway. So I'm stuck here for a little while. Good things Motel 6 has wireless internet. (Because there's nothing ELSE to do around here.

Oh, and Aaron is the man for finding me some twins. Cause I can't possibly stay here two weeks waiting on a single setup to be installed by anyone other than him.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
Grimsta;1073228 said:
So you get you car to a shop after all? How long is it gonna take them to put on the twins?

Well, I got it to this place that specializes in diesel turbo work that the tow truck guy recommended. He quoted me about 4.5-5 hours, so this is going to cost me a few hundred.

Of course, I can't expect him to drop everything just because I'm from out of town, and even if the turbos got shipped out today, they wouldn't be here until tomorrow. I'm probably stuck here until at least the end of the week, maybe until Saturday.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
That wasn't a good call to have to receive. Compression test results came back, 125 on 4 cylinders, 105 on 2. I just can't figure out what the fuck happened to blow ALL 6 cylinders compression at once, man. Going to have to call Aaron in a little bit here.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
BlackMKIII;1073338 said:
That wasn't a good call to have to receive. Compression test results came back, 125 on 4 cylinders, 105 on 2. I just can't figure out what the fuck happened to blow ALL 6 cylinders compression at once, man. Going to have to call Aaron in a little bit here.

you may not be telling us the whole story here.....on the freeway...what else were you doing to that car? But it sucks for sure to be stuck that far off from home. Hopefully its driveable back home. If you beat up on that engine there is little Aaaron can do about it short of selling you another motor.
If you bring the car back to the bay area, I have a 1JZ block in excellent condition that I never used.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
suprastanger507mgte;1073340 said:
you may not be telling us the whole story here.....on the freeway...what else were you doing to that car? But it sucks for sure to be stuck that far off from home. Hopefully its driveable back home. If you beat up on that engine there is little Aaaron can do about it short of selling you another motor.
If you bring the car back to the bay area, I have a 1JZ block in excellent condition that I never used.

It's not driveable at all. It smokes, it runs like shit, it doesn't boost, and I don't know WHAT the fuck I did to it. Just all of a sudden getting on the freeway BOOM.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
BlackMKIII;1073353 said:
It's not driveable at all. It smokes, it runs like shit, it doesn't boost, and I don't know WHAT the fuck I did to it. Just all of a sudden getting on the freeway BOOM.

before taking anyone elses word for it, do some basic checks yourself.

If your turbo seals blow, the car will smoke but will still run unless ofcourse the blades break off and bits get in the engine somehow.

Next you should check for your Map Sensor and your fuel pressure regulator and make sure the vacum hoses did not pop off. This is very common when boosting hard. The map sensor vacum being off can make your car run like crap. Zips ties hold them in place.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
suprastanger507mgte;1073355 said:
before taking anyone elses word for it, do some basic checks yourself.

If your turbo seals blow, the car will smoke but will still run unless ofcourse the blades break off and bits get in the engine somehow.

Next you should check for your Map Sensor and your fuel pressure regulator and make sure the vacum hoses did not pop off. This is very common when boosting hard. The map sensor vacum being off can make your car run like crap. Zips ties hold them in place.

Checked and double checked while waiting for the tow to the other shop. I'm getting a MAP reading on the AFC, so I know that's not the problem. I'm just really, really FUCKED right now, debating between towing it back to the bay for Ace to work on using your motor (does it have turbos? Y?) or Aaron and DM. So fucked up right now, just, AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
:yelrotflm
JustAnotherVictim;1073639 said:

I still got a 2JZ if you want one Alex..........

I think with as boost happy as you are you BHG'ed. But then again with it being lower in the other cylinders it could be in the bottom end as well.

lilazni3uoy

AEM Powered
Apr 1, 2005
NoRCaL and SoCaL
www.cardomain.com
you went through 3, 7m's blowing that up, then picking up a bad 1jz, and now blowing up this one, man what the hell, we all know it's driver error here moving in to quick with that 1j, next he'll blow up 2j's! then blow up a 0jz SON! :rofl: ,