NASA race weekend at VIR lots of pics

scott60999

Unnecessary Motorsports
Dec 4, 2008
norfolk, VA
Here are a lottt of pictures that I took of this weekend at VIR. This was the first NASA event I went to, and must say if you want lots of track time HPDE events through NASA are an awesome way to go. Also there are a lot of pictures of the blue m coupe, I took so many due to how amazing it's grip was. It would sometimes pick up two tires on one side.
http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj156/Sommy609/VIR nasa weekend/

scott60999

Unnecessary Motorsports
Dec 4, 2008
norfolk, VA
The track is Located in Alton Virginia. It's about 4 hours from where I live in Norfolk, Virginia. I have yet to see parking as a problem. There is dedicated parking lots, and if that becomes full you can park anywhere there is grass. The track is absolutely massive, and is very nice on the eyes. You can walk around the pits (called paddock) and talk to people and it's really a blast.

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
Thanks for the pics, you can almost see my brake ducts here:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

You should've come over and introduced yourself in the paddock (I was the only mk3 or Supra for that matter) there so I'm easy to spot.

I see you found my buddy's LS2 FD, I can't hang with him now that he's learning to really drive it.
Brian

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
As for the question on parking, on a big weekend we'll have 350+ cars participating with NASA (races, HPDE, hyperdrives) and then the tow vehicles that many have and spectators. Still there's plenty of room. VIR is like a Country club with the scent of race gas and brake pads in place of golf shoes and plaid pants.

scott60999

Unnecessary Motorsports
Dec 4, 2008
norfolk, VA
I went by your car and the fd, I never saw sight of either of you. Or I would have said hey. I saw you driving around a bunch though ha. BTW that nascar lookalike was a monster, it ate that Ferrari like it was a joke.