na supercharged

87tomanymods

87tomanymods
Oct 25, 2008
lansdale
www.myspace.com
hello and thanks in advance for any help im running a 7mge and am thinking about going with an eaton m90 from a super coupe im going to run under ten lbs of boost so i plan on using an fmu to boost fuel presure and i have 36lb injectors stock is 24 i believe but i need to know what ratio fmu to get 4:1 6:1 8:1 10:1 12:1 ? any one run an fmu with about that size injector on an na/t if so what ratio did u use ? also wit the the acis {variable intake runner length} will this work with a forced induction aplication seeing that the diaphram is vacume actuated it runs of a tank but im not shure if will be adiquite enough to hold the valve since it wiil now have boostinstead ov vacume and one more question the stock air fuel meeter ive seen people use this on na/t before but will a maft pro give me much more power if the boost stays the same due to less restiction or will the pressure make up for it ? i figure this should be prety similar to an na/t setup after all boost is boost

a little difficult to understand your giant paragraph, but if you do end up doing it, keep us updated.

i have heard that it's not worth supercharging it, but i admire the persistence that it can be done.
there are a few pics about the internet that show a 7M with an extended M90 supercharger.. though most people think it's a photoshopped pic. i dont know who to believe.

nonetheless, good luck!

Jervis Mcstabby

Puddin Pops!
Jun 21, 2006
Where Indeed, CA
www.myspace.com
MA70 Ed;1220957 said:
there are a few pics about the internet that show a 7M with an extended M90 supercharger.. though most people think it's a photoshopped pic. i dont know who to believe.
Yeah, there's a thread around here that has more pics of the engine (multiple angles). If it's still up I should still be hosting the pics. Looked real enough, but the person claims they never got it running.

Jervis Mcstabby

Puddin Pops!
Jun 21, 2006
Where Indeed, CA
www.myspace.com
To the OP, I'll say this: if you're gonna do just do it and then post up an announcement/video,
because most people that make the "7MGSE" declaration before actually doing it have a bad habit of not following through with either goal. ;)

Most Na-T guys can only safely run around 12-13psi in the GE engine without worrying about engine reliability, so if you're looking for higher boost number AND reliability, you'll need to buy a GTE motor and SC that.

However, if you don't have money to burn, then you might wanna reconsider.

Bottom line
Custom Job + Money Pit Car = A Thinner/Empty Wallet

PS. If you do do it, then props to you

87tomanymods

87tomanymods
Oct 25, 2008
lansdale
www.myspace.com
ye i have seen those pics and all the people claiming it was photoshoped but ive also seen the mutiple angle pics which prove its real however ive never seen any proof it ever ran so no fmu ratio advice? i know you can calibrate them to whatever ratio you want but i figured an na/t guy may have a proven ratio to offer ps. ive got time cant drive for a yr

87tomanymods

87tomanymods
Oct 25, 2008
lansdale
www.myspace.com
thanks 85 celica supra i checked out that link and am waiting for them to get back to me on method of adjustment for fuel to boost ratio i would like one with an adj screw rather than replacing diaphrams

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
You might search for Tubbies(?) build. It was a turbo and super charger combo, but it has a lot of good ideas. Mainly, the intake he was building. I think it was an intake with an inner cooler built in, but don't really remember.

Good luck. That pic everyone was talking about: The original builder actually showed up either here or SF, and posted up more detailed information. That was quite a while ago, though....

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
Here are the posts with pictures of a supercharged 7M:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86109

http://www.supramania.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-20426.html

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22799&highlight=supercharged+idea

And a word to the wise...........
loose the all aluminum crank pulley.
They provide no torsional dampaning, and will cause crank problems.
ATI makes an SFI approved dampaner for the 7M.

Summit racing has them for $369 in stock.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=ATI-918525&N=700+0&autoview=sku

Most other people sell them for $420