N/A Issues......

PlatinumTracks

Dec 8, 2008
CA
ITS OFFICIAL......

I HAVE A BHG............

THANKS FOR THE HELP......

my car wont stop over heating and more smoke than usual is coming out of the exhaust. I drain the radiator and filled it back up but still not helping? any ideals.

when i touch the motor the engine is cool but the radiator is hot and steamy.

Update:

Ok after checking it out my dad found that the thermostat was rusted shut =(
I replaced it and everything was working fine... so i went to school

i was late trying to fix my car and class ended early so i jumpped back into my car to leave.

as soon as i turned the key ( i mean instantly engine didnt even crank) a big puff of white smoke came out my the exhaust.

Before i got out the parking lot car began to over heat and i drove home to post this on the forms....

all this happend within about 5 mins i live around the corner from the school.

Any ideals..?

Last edited:

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
PlatinumTracks;1317838 said:
my car wont stop over heating and more smoke than usual is coming out of the exhaust. I drain the radiator and filled it back up but still not helping? any ideals.

when i touch the motor the engine is cool but the radiator is hot and steamy.

I got an ideal :) any water in the oil

supraphoenix

broke and hating it
Mar 14, 2009
Colorado
My N/A had the similar symptoms with the constant overheating (even though i just got a brand new radiator, water pump, and thermostat)

My problem is a BHG!!! :cry:

I'm getting it fixed right now, but my suggestion is check it out cause if you keep driving it you could really F it up!

PlatinumTracks

Dec 8, 2008
CA
supraphoenix;1318093 said:
My N/A had the similar symptoms with the constant overheating (even though i just got a brand new radiator, water pump, and thermostat)

My problem is a BHG!!! :cry:

I'm getting it fixed right now, but my suggestion is check it out cause if you keep driving it you could really F it up!

yeah so how do i know if it is the head gasket or not?

im glad u said this cuz those were my next steps

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Do you have oil in the coolant?

Do you have coolant in the oil?

Do you have white foamy/milkshake crud on the inside of your oil cap?

If any of these are a yes then you probably have a BHG (blown head gasket)

88_7mge

N/A Lover
Dec 1, 2008
Hemet, CA
one way to confirm it is you can take your car down to any repair shop and pay for them to do a block test. Its a simple thing, they run your car with the radiator cap off with a special tester that has a fluid in it that changes color in the presence of exhaust gases. as the exhaust that is getting pushed into your cooling system through the bhg it will come out of the top of the radiator into that tester and the fluids color will change. Shouldnt cost more than 50 bucks to have most shops do this for you.