N/A 7M Lover from Down Under

andrew_mx83

Mar 22, 2008
Melbourne
Oh hai!
The Cressida forum is down so I need a new place to wax lyrical about the mighty 7m.... this looks like a good spot!

I run a small aftermarket parts business in Melbourne, Australia making billet performance parts for Toyota's, mainly Cressidas and 7M/JZ engines. Work keeps me pretty busy and I don't have much time for forums these days, so I apologise in advance for my tardy replies.

I have had a bunch of Cressida's and currently own two (and a half, my trailer is also a Cressida)

NA 7M's are kinda my thing, I've built stacks of them for myself and the local guys (it's pretty funny at car shows)
The current motor in my daily runs on 100% propane as it is about 1/3 the cost of gasoline and is 130RON from the pump :)
It runs 12:1cr, cast pistons, stock rods w/arp bolts, full c/weight crank, GTE oil pump, AZ crossover pipe, custom pickup and sump baffle, all balanced and blueprinted. Up top it has u/cut studs, OEM gasket, standard valves/ports, chevy springs, shim under bucket conversion, 268 x 8mm intake cam, stock exhaust, on my adjustable gears.
It breathes through a 460cfm propane carb and generic pipes, waste spark on GTE coils with a programmable computer.

okn3.jpg

That's the engine fully wired up and running, NO EFI FOR ME!

I'm currently building another manifold to get the carb off the top of the motor and give me double the stock throttle area :)

I am building another GE for a customer with Flat-top Carillos, Eagle rods, main & head studs, 50mm ITB's, built head w/280 x 8.5mm cams, dry sump, and a few other goodies, should be a real screamer.

I also have a GTE build on, forged/studded motor chasing 600hp going into a Z20 Soarer.

The only Supra I can recall working on was Turbo A MA70 (yes, a real one!), a year or 2 back when i rebuilt its GTE.

Look forward to talking 7m's with you guys!!

andrew_mx83

Mar 22, 2008
Melbourne
Here is my mate's Cressida at a local hillclimb where we took out 2nd & 3rd for the day, first time out for the car (and my mate).
I built the GE in it a couple of years ago for him but it is still being choked by the stock ECU/TB/AFM.

[video=youtube;VrtgVySQq4I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrtgVySQq4I[/video]

(doesnt take off til about 1:00)

87supramario

Jul 15, 2011
Niagara falls
What kind of numbers did you find with your GE's?

That Cressida sounded great! Got to love the sound of the 7M. I will miss mine once my GE get's swapped for a 1J.

Billet has been a huge growing market in the automotive industry and it's great to be a solid part of it. I've found that Australia have been all over it when it comes to billet 7M and 1J/2J parts. Have you ever considered making a lower intake runner for the 7M that can incorporate the 2JZ TT front facing manifold?

Would be great to even have the optional 1JZ front facing manifold for the GE just because people always abandon them for bigger aftermarket ones and they can be found for cheap. People would be interested in a front facing manifold that can avoid relocating the battery too.

Post a build thread if you get the chance. A lot of members here would be interested to see.

Cheer's