Mystery Connector

Chrisco

Build in Progress
Jan 4, 2009
Downers Grove, IL
Good afternoon, everyone. Over the weekend I installed a '91 7MGTE engine and engine wiring harness into my '92 Non-Turbo Supra. Everything went smoothly with two exceptions.

1. For the life of me, I can't figure out where this connector goes...

p1820853_1.png

It branches out of the wiring harness in the same location as the AFM wiring. Due to the factory heat shielding, I assume it is supposed to be routed/connected near the exhaust, however I can not figure out where it goes. It's quite long, as if it might connect to the Power Steering Pump or Rack, but no available connectors there. Everything else on the engine has been plugged in. Anyone know what it is/where it goes?

2. I purchased a Boost Pressure Sensor from a member on here, and have it installed on the Injector Resistor as it's supposed to be, however I have no connector from my Chassis Harness to go to it. I assume this is because it's a non-turbo car, which obviously would not use that sensor. My question here is what is the sensor used for? Anything other than the factory boost gauge in the dash?

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Chris

tyang82

May 12, 2011
Milwaukee
i got the same thing, its been like that and i have no idea what it is either, there is also one under the intake manifold that isnt plugged up either. weird but the car runs like a champ after everything's been rebuilt. hopefully someone comes in and lets us know what that plug is for.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
HMMM. both of my Original Turbo 89+ harnesses do not have this clip

Only thing i can tell you is it look very similar to the Green ECU coolant sensor on the Water Neck

Rickstar22

Rocker...Not Hippie
Feb 22, 2011
Graham-Puyallup, WA
I have been trying to figure this one out too... Doesn't seem to effect anything, everything works just fine. The only thing I can think of is that my car is a California emissions car, so it may have something to do with that...

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Rickstar22;1821353 said:
The only thing I can think of is that my car is a California emissions car, so it may have something to do with that...

My car is also a Cali car and i do not have this connector

Model of my car

Original 89 MA70 Grey Plug 7MGTE/R154