mysterious coolant leak onto exhaust manifold

Highnitro

Boostin' 4 life
Jun 18, 2007
Vancouver, WA
hey,

i just recently got my supra all put back together and running again, everything went good at first but now the temps will rise and then fall, it never quite gets to the top of the gauge (about 4 marks from it). today i went to burp the coolant and i noticed that the exhaust manifold is burning cool near the front of the engine, ive looked at all the coolant lines for the turbo and they dont seem to be leaking onto it. is there any other coolant line above or below the exhaust i should check? any ideas on how to fix the problem?

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
there is also a 90deg hose near the water pump.. that would spray all over on me.. and of course the turbo coolant lines

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
tlo86;1126545 said:
there is also a 90deg hose near the water pump.. that would spray all over on me.. and of course the turbo coolant lines

True, I have seen these get really bid due to years of use of hot cool, hot cool. So check that too, great idea there,.

Highnitro

Boostin' 4 life
Jun 18, 2007
Vancouver, WA
ok, the turbo coolant lines are fine, i will check the 90degree line and see how it is. also, it seems to be and intermitant problem, it comes and goes alot.