My WOULD START but TURNS OFF IMMEDIATELY

noremacsupra

beginner
Jan 29, 2007
Los Angeles
Hello, i have recently posted a thread regardibg some car problems-http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39077...i was advised to check hoses for possible boost leak,first i took out the +batry cable then i started taking off the intake and the hoses that are connected to the turbo including the hose that is connected to the intercooler. I inspected the hoses and returned all of them. I am sure i returned every thing in place.The car was working fine before this happened- Now when i finished i tried to start the car and the car starts and shuts off immediately. It did this everytime but sometimes it stays on longer maybe 2mins then it shutts off...i then tried to drive it in first gear and the car wont ran and engine chatters and seems like the engine is pinging...car wont even go over 20miles an hour..also the engine is like having up and down rev..like 5rpm to 10rpm, 3rpm to 7rpm..like it would like to shut off but will survive...please help..

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
TPS might need adjustment maybe? try unplugging it to see if it does it still, also pull some codes if you have any.

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
zachm611 said:
TPS might need adjustment maybe? try unplugging it to see if it does it still, also pull some codes if you have any.

That's where i'd put my money. Have you checked your codes?

My car did this when the TPS was out of adjustment. I'd strart the car and it would rev up to a certain RPM and just fall on its face. I got a code 51 with the right conditions that pointed me toward the TPS. Slight adjustment and I was set.

noremacsupra

beginner
Jan 29, 2007
Los Angeles
TPS?do guys know where that was located?im kinda new at ehis...Whats Tps?
trydrew said:
That's where i'd put my money. Have you checked your codes?

My car did this when the TPS was out of adjustment. I'd strart the car and it would rev up to a certain RPM and just fall on its face. I got a code 51 with the right conditions that pointed me toward the TPS. Slight adjustment and I was set.

noremacsupra

beginner
Jan 29, 2007
Los Angeles
OHH... I JUST CHECKED MY CAR RIGHT NOW AND WHEN I TOOK OUT THE BATTERY I HEARD SOMETHING LIKE THERE WAS SOMETHING IN THE ENGINE THAT RELEASED AIR THAT WAS PRESSURIZED...MAYBE FOR 3 SECONDS

noremacsupra

beginner
Jan 29, 2007
Los Angeles
I checked and installed all hoses...im 100% sure because i checked like 50 times..i only took out the big hoses and that's it..thanks..
Nick M said:
I think you didn't install the hoses correctly. That will cause a stall after starting.

noremacsupra

beginner
Jan 29, 2007
Los Angeles
so i need to change it?i have a tps from my old engine but its far different from my engine now...its weird...the old ones sticker is blue and the other one is red...and it wont fit exactly because there positions are differrent..
trydrew said:

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
it might not be bad... just needs adjusting. a quick way to check if this is your problem would be to unplug it. and start it up and see if the problem still happens, it might run a little rich though but it should be fine.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
You may have put the hoses on correctly, but they could also leak. But if you think a 51 or 41 will cause an imediate stall after starting, go for it. Keep in mind, I haven't seen or driven your car.

If jetjock thinks it will, then I stand corrected.

noremacsupra

beginner
Jan 29, 2007
Los Angeles
Well i tried to start again 2day...it did turn on for maybe 10min then died..when i rev on enginethe rpm stop and goes like up and down..engine backfires...and also the exuast chatters when i rev like its throwing bad air..

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Bad air? Lol.

Nick M said:
If jetjock thinks it will, then I stand corrected.

Nope, you're right. I'm not gonna get involved in this fiasco other than to say the guy should take the car to someone with a clue about how they work. Either that or jack up the radiator cap and roll another one underneath it.

87CandyBlueT

Banned
Feb 8, 2006
Kentucky (NKY)
His AFM electronics are toast, he sprayed carb cleaner in them. Replace them first man.(and like I said you don't need a lexus AFM.) Also if you had oil exiting the the exhaust your looking at possibilities like rings, valve stem seals... I would try to cash in on that warranty with the shop that installed your JDM engine. If you don't feel up to the task of a compression check take it to a mechanic I'm sure they won't charge much. Like jetjock said take it to someone with the know-how.

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
87CandyBlueT said:
His AFM electronics are toast, he sprayed carb cleaner in them. Replace them first man.(and like I said you don't need a lexus AFM.) Also if you had oil exiting the the exhaust your looking at possibilities like rings, valve stem seals... I would try to cash in on that warranty with the shop that installed your JDM engine. If you don't feel up to the task of a compression check take it to a mechanic I'm sure they won't charge much. Like jetjock said take it to someone with the know-how.

LOL mre of the true story.....waste.