My trans swap with part weights.

1-2clutch-u

Feb 18, 2006
chi town and ohio
As many of you know I broke my w58 last month. I was time for it to go after many track events and burn outs and anti lag launches too. But I digress I was thinking about a 6 spd or some other trans from the r154. But I had one chilling along with 2 other w58s. I didn't like the r154 in my first car bec of the first gear lock out. (that really bugs me) I asked you all on here and it was "r154 do it!!!!" So I did.
I swapped it but I fig I should upgrade while at it. My car is a 400whp car and same with tq. I got dyno graphs n vid of the wkend before the w58 broke. but heres some pics and even a vid at the end.
I would Like to thank shaft masters they are the best and really know what they are talking about. In case you didnt know drive-shaft shop isnt the only place that makes shafts for our cars. They I got my drive shaft shipped to my door for about $377. (only took 2 days to my door) Thats alot less then dss for mid $400's and they had it in stock. Not putting down dss but price and fast shipping you cant compare. If you want to know more about them let me know or email them. David Is a great guy.

XTD OR amico clutch on ebay. Say what you want but Iv had nothing but good luck with them. In the w58 and the all 28 miles in my r154. The clutch holds nicely. The guy is great with emails and shipps fast. The pedal feels stock (you my say bec it is a stock plate) well if its a stock plate then why the hell could the stock clutch not hold 280whp? If you havent tried em give it a shot. It works good for me. They have a warranty also. Talk to him on ebay.

Stock driveshaft (w58) 28.2 lbs
Shaft Masters aluminum driveshaft (R154) 11.4lbs
Flywheel (w58) 17.2 lbs
Ebay flywheel simi lightweight 13.6lbs
W58 p plate unsprung clutch disk and stock flyhweel and bolts. 33.2lbs
R154 P plate unsprung clutch disk simi light weight flywheel and arp bolts 34.2lbs

As you can see the R154 p plate must weight more then the w58 clutch only gained 1lb so thats like 3lbs when rotating. Owell (I knew the w58 was faster) Still got a big savings with the drive shaft. Very wheel maid u joints look great and welds are great too.

r154 sitting

cleaned the r154 up a bit. It was used from some craigslist add. Thats all I know about it.

old ebay clutch with xtd clutch disk still working good and holds

Still good

Xtd vid. Click for vid to play.

xtd solid or unsprung for the r154.

simi lightweight flywheel.

stock flyheel w58

r154 p plate

Shaft masters shaft

Vid of testing of the ebay clutch. click to play. I know its not the best text but Ill make more per request.