My shifter broke...

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Well crap it's always something. It all started with me ordering a new Shift knob to replace my OEM that was starting to wear out. Quick swap right ? just unscrew the old and put on the new one ...WRONG ! I was'nt that lucky. While unscrewing the OEM, I noticed some wobble with the shaft, so I took off the trim and pulled it out of the way to reveal the worst short shift ghetto-rig I ever saw. The OEM shaft was cut, with what appears to have been a hacksaw, and a 4 inch long piece of copper tubing was slid over it...held in place with a screw at the bottom, and one up top, where the threaded shaft piece was inserted into the tubing. Well it's loose as everything, and I tried to tighten it up with no luck. I'm gonna have to get a real short shift kit to fix this BS. I would of took a pic, but I realized it might be too graphic lol. Currently looking at the S3 Version 2 setup. Dammit I hate it when crap like this is done !!! Here is a link to what I am looking at... If anyone knows of something better, please chime in asap.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/performanceparts/Toyota/Supra_MK3/Transmissions/Short_Shifters

When my new kit gets here, I might just take a pic anyway to show what was done. I thought I would prepare y'all in advance, it's pretty ghetto.

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
ok well had trouble getting the shifter knob off, but I pulled up the trim and took the best picture I could while trying to hold the trim lol. Pic is shitty, but you can see the copper tube, with the little machine bolt going through it to "secure" it to the shaft.

All put together it looks innocent enough..until you touch the knob and feel the shaft wobble around...:aigo:

http://

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
wow im starting to think my luck might be rubbing off on you...
or maybe your lonely foglight is CURSED!!!!! and you should sell it to me.:evil2:
I bet who ever did this was like "damn im smart and I saved some money"
goodluck with your search.