My old mk3 was bought by for a movie being shot in my town

boost_victim

Mar 31, 2005
here
myspace.com
i sold my mk3 turbo auto in 2009 due to being deployed in japan too often. the guy i sold it to traded it in last month for a new car. after sitting on the lot for a month the car has been bought for a movie being shot in my town. the movie is called "Gone Girl", it stars Ben Affleck, Neil Patrick Harris and Rosamund Pike. the plot is " A woman mysteriously disappears on the day of her wedding anniversary." according to imdb. figured i'd let you all know as a heads up. attached is a pic of the car when i sold it. (mine is the blue one {left} & jmcboost {right}) 28802_1448872777678_2064446_n.jpg

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Too funny...
Now i realize that i'm going to go see a movie, in the hopes that a mkIII supra will be on the big screen for 1 second...
And the bigger problem is, if it's featured in multiple scenes, the value of mkIII's will probably jump.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
yhatzee89;1968392 said:
Lets just all collectively pray they aren't going to use it for a wreck... :(

They better not. It looks like a pretty clean one from the picture he posted.

supraguy@aol;1968391 said:
Too funny...
Now i realize that i'm going to go see a movie, in the hopes that a mkIII supra will be on the big screen for 1 second...
And the bigger problem is, if it's featured in multiple scenes, the value of mkIII's will probably jump.

Buy every MKIII you can! It's an investment and it can't go wrong!!! Seriously though, I wouldn't mind the value going up, but I don't plan on selling mine anyway.

boost_victim

Mar 31, 2005
here
myspace.com
from what i can gather from the movie type we have a couple options on what they might do with it. they could use it to dump her body, could be ben affleck or NPH's car for the whole movie, or yard art. we don't think they are gonna wreck it due to the fact that the movie doesnt sound like an intense action flick. they might use it for affleck to get away in at one point but besides that i'm not expecting a wreck scene. the car has a front mount, hard pipes, msd wires, cooleze full downpipe,flex-a-lite dual fan kit, test pipe, blitz nur spec cat back and a hks manual boost controller. its not a slouch, even for a auto.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
So...They might use if for a failed getaway?

"And now, the Oscar for the best Blown Headgasket in a dramatic role..."

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
They could also use it in a scene where they were trying to show something that happened 25 years ago and need a car for someone to be driving that is from the 80's.

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
I think that they will wreck it like in Queen Latifah's Taxi movie, or they might just put it in the background of a scene like the mk2 in Die Hard 4.
Besides, even if the car was to be driven they will need a full time mechanic just for it.