My new-to-me 92 Civic Sedan

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Since my Geo got totaled Tuesday I had to buy another car ASAP. Given my very tight time frame I went to a local dealership and bought a 92 Honda Civic sedan. It has the D15B7 motor, auto trans, power everything (although not all working), upgraded headlight bulbs (pure white), and new tires (14" vs. the stock 13"). Now for the bad things (shit I need to get to). It has ricer tail lights, holes in the trunk lid (sealed with silicone I think) from where a wing used to be, hood painted flat black, front brake rotors need to be turned and the pads need to be replaced, filthy inside and out, a broken rear seat lock, stereo head unit is junk and barely works, rear speakers are wayyyy too big and ghetto wired, front windows don't work (most likely bad master switch), power locks don't work, and the sound of stuck lifters. The motor is out of a 95 Civic from a junk yard or motor importer (yellow markings all over) with unknown miles, the chassis has 185k miles on it.

I've already got new keys made using one of the lock cylinders since the 2 keys it came with only worked the ignition, changed the oil, flushed the coolant system with vinegar and distilled water (this fixed my lack of hot air blowing from the heater), changed the spark plugs (cap and wires look fairly good), changed the brake fluid (old fluid was dark brown), and inflated the tires to the propper pressure. I still have a few things to do but it's coming along. I'm putting the tail lights up on craigslist so I can get a pair of stock ones. I really miss my 40 MPG Metro. Getting 20-25 MPG sucks balls.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Eh, I've seen far worse tail lights, but stock is where it's at for cars like that. Who's Mk3 is that in the background of that top picture? Doesn't look like yours, unless you have another one?