My new supra. (Teal 1992 toyota supra targa turbo automatic)

mistic_viper

Jul 8, 2013
Fife, WA
Pretty much bone stock, and you wouldn't believe how much I got it for. $4200 from a nice old lady a few months ago. The only thing that was done to the car was an aftermarket exhaust, which I think was only the muffler because the piping seemed old...I've only done the usual tune up (spark plugs, filters, flushing/fluids, detailing the engine bay, replacing drive belts). She also gave me a whole folder of records of all the maintenance done on the car, most at the dealership. Never really got around to REALLY looking into it, I just know the head gasket was replaced at 90k (now at 167k), although I don't know whether they re-torqued the bolts back to the crappy 58 lb/ft, or if they used the fixed 72-75...:nono:

Anyways I just got back from a local meet with many, MANY other mk3 supras, washed the car (thanks to a couple of guys who stirred up a dust bowl right in front of me) and decided to post some picture of it up, as someone thought I should. And thanks to the guys who helped me get it back up and running after it dying on that one way road. :icon_bigg

Exterior and interior, original paint all around, really straight for being 20+ years old, carpet and leather perfect condition/no rips, it even still has a working car phone, although its analog so it cant make any calls :(

Well just thought I'd go ahead and give it it's 15 minutes of fame.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 64

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
Nice and welcome! Is that a old school cell phone?lol and were you at the del taco meet today! I didn't make it, but I know a few people there.

mistic_viper

Jul 8, 2013
Fife, WA
mcammarn;1952222 said:
Nice and welcome! Is that a old school cell phone?lol and were you at the del taco meet today! I didn't make it, but I know a few people there.
Thank you, good to be here! Yeah its an old school phone lol. And yeah i was there today, we went up and down some gnarly curves. Haven't had that much fun in a long time.

Last edited:

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
You should disassemble the phone, get a cheap burner, and solder the board from it into the old phone so it can make calls. That would be sweet.
-AM3

pbsupra90

Banned
Dec 5, 2011
Great Neck, New York
Nice condition for a car with 167k on it. She obviously took very good care of it. Body looks very good. It must have been washed/waxed regularly or garaged. I don't see any rust or damage. Interior leather looks very nice. If mechanically everything is OK....I think you got a steal.

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
pbsupra90;1952255 said:
Nice condition for a car with 167k on it. She obviously took very good care of it. Body looks very good. It must have been washed/waxed regularly or garaged. I don't see any rust or damage. Interior leather looks very nice. If mechanically everything is OK....I think you got a steal.
I got mine at a steal! Bought it for 2750, it's a 89 white package turbo with leather interior.came with all the service records from toyota also since it was first sold. It only had 123k miles! Interior only has one tear on drivers seat, and outside still has factory paint that looks fresh still. :)

mistic_viper

Jul 8, 2013
Fife, WA
pbsupra90;1952255 said:
Yeah she said she garaged it all its life and I took it to the shop to get it inspected and thought they would come up with a whole list of what was "wrong", but surprisingly everything checked out. there is only very little rust in the spare wheel well but other than that the rest of the frame looked fine.