My New play toy!

turbotrev

Goin WEEEEE on my gsxr600
Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
I got it Friday nite and rode it all weekend w/ no tags, insurance, license, and not even registered in my name, but hey it was awesome the whole time!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

its a 05 gsxr 600 w/ 6600 miles and i got it for 5600.

trev

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Im not diggin' the color combo, but that's no big deal. That looks like one clean k5. Looks like my bro's k4 750 except with alot more blue and red (and yellow for that matter). It looks so small though in comparison.

Is that a stock pipe?

Plus, I know it's fun, but your taking a BIG risk riding it right now. Probably not worth it. I did the same thing a few times a while back (well no insurence and expired tags), and only after did I realize how incredible stupid it was.

How long have you been riding, if you don't mind me asking?

turbotrev

Goin WEEEEE on my gsxr600
Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
been riding for 4 years off and on. this is the first bike ive owned all the other riding has been done on all of my friends bikes.

i didnt ever want a yellow bike but since i first looked at it and then bought it i like the color scheme alot better than some of many red, blue, and whit ones. and plus you will hardly ever see the color scheme like mine down here in PHX

yes stock pipe for now

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Yeah, that is the first of seen of that yellow scheme.
Here's my bro's:
p781951_1.jpg

Make sure you keep it maintained well, a lot of people like to just jump on it and go. Check out gsxr.com, if you haven't already.

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
turbotrev said:
cool thnx man

and ya ive seen the blk/yellow like that alot but never like mine

Uniquness is a +1.
Both our '00 and '04 have Yoshi pipes and they sound great... just food for thought.

Hah Before you buy any accesories though get that thing registered and insured lol.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
bikes require tons of maintainence, and not performing it can lead to wrecks...

had a friend that didn't adjust his chain... chain finally popped a tooth, snapped and wrapped around the back wheel locking it...

Luckily he was only going about 30 when it happened. He nearly laid it over and he had to replace the tire from the nasty flatspot...

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Poodles said:
bikes require tons of maintainence, and not performing it can lead to wrecks...
+1 Being his first bike of his own I made it a point to make note of that fact, it really is that important.

Poodles said:
had a friend that didn't adjust his chain... chain finally popped a tooth, snapped and wrapped around the back wheel locking it...

Luckily he was only going about 30 when it happened. He nearly laid it over and he had to replace the tire from the nasty flatspot...

He's lucky it didn't spin off and chew up his leg. I saw one (r1 iirc) where it broke at 120 and chewed up the back fairing (no injury to the guy) and luckily it jammed on the engine sprocket rather then the wheel so only the engine locked up. He was soo lucky.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
actually, it caught his leg... forgot that. Wasn't major though, just a good scrape.

This is why belts are nice, they have self tensioners and are low maintenance...

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Riding without insurance or registration? Not the smartest idea I've ever heard.

Many law enforcement personelle see a sport bike and automatically assume they're doing something illegal, and just because you weren't doing it at the time the cop saw you, doesn't mean he won't hesitate to pull your ass over to make sure you have papers, ect.

My roommate's bike was missing the pin that held the transmission sprocket in place, the nut worked itself off at about 110mph, and locked up the rear wheel on a busy road... luckily a friend (who has about 25 years of riding under his belt) was on the bike, or he'd have likely died. Destroyed the chain, sprocket, housing, bunch of other stuff... took us 6 months to fix it.