My New Monitor! 22" LCD WS.

s!ke

JDM Tyte Yo!
Jun 17, 2006
San Jose, California
This monitor is sold out everywhere I've looked, Finally I came across the last of 2 places that had one. PC Connection turned out to be cheaper than NewEgg because it didnt charge me tax.

It got here in 4 days. with regular ground shipping. $346 was the final price.

http://www.pcconnection.com/ProductDetail?Sku=7011079

It has 1680x1050 Resolution, look how thin CT is lol.

I suggest getting this, its one HELL of a deal, other 22" WSLCD monitors are $500+
They made it in silver, but that color is discontinued, or else I wouldve gotten it in silver (to go with my future purchase of a MacBook Pro)

:)

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I wanted to get the Acer 24" widescreen. They don't make it in black, that I've seen. I was thrown off because they make two in silver for about the same price - and I am glad because one of them has built in speakers [yuck]. I'm kind of in a transitional phase right now though, so affording a $700+ monitor "just because" does me no good. Maybe after I've moved, am in Arizona and am all settled with a good job. Then again, I don't think I'll get another monitor unless this one craps out or I have another car and am all done with an engine swap.

Still, nice find. Are there any dead pixels at all? Are you using a D-Sub [standard VGA connector] or a DVI connector? How is the response time [does it ghost in gaming? Some LCDs with a response time higher than 8ms have a problem with that]?

s!ke

JDM Tyte Yo!
Jun 17, 2006
San Jose, California
naw drunk, no dead pixels, and im using the standard VGA, although it did come with a DVI cable as well. And I dont game, so I couldnt tell ya. It has a 5ms response time :0

I read the reviews, about 70% said good things, but 30% complained about the base.

personally i think the base is fine. It just needs to hold it there. :)

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Mine has a silver lower frame around the speakers, but is basicly the same TV. :)
http://www.samsung.com/Products/TV/LCDTV/LNS2338WXXAA.asp

Love it for the internet, games, movies and pretty much anything you want to do with your computer.

The best part is that this TV barely fits my existing desk hutch. (I was tempted to go larger on the screen size, but now I'm glad I did not.)