my new dd :) and its tragic set-back :(...

jdm-rhd

Jan 19, 2012
orbiting caprica
as some of you know, ive going back and forth the last year & a 1/2 trying to figure out which car i would like to have as a dd. that way the supra could go from being my semi-daily (along with my ws6) to being put under knife. of coarse i didnt want just any normal grocery gitter...it had to be something nice & sporty which is usually a bad idea when choosing a dd :tong:

i looked at everything from mr2s, mkiii, 2g gsx, r32, heck i even found a couple mkiv's, and a viper that were within my trade/budget goals. i did get outbid on a tt 6spd mkiv by $500 bucks on ebay a few months ago.

anyways, i had to part ways with my last bike. i bought it new in 05 w/1 mile....i put just under 13k and was fortunate enough not to ever lay it down. it was the new body style and i held out so's to get the new blue color it came in. ty howard of typhoon powersports (yes, the ama/daytona sportbike racer) modded this at his shop in weatherford. lowered, powedercoated rims, sliders & some "top secret" stuff lol. last pic before going to a good new home...

p1863260_1.jpg

but anyways, here is the newest member to join the family...

p1863260_2.jpg

i value that dog more then i do that mustang...its for sale, any takers?
p1863260_3.jpg

next to my brothers 2g eclipse...couldnt believe the size difference.
p1863260_4.jpg

at the 8-1 cowtown car meet...
p1863260_5.jpg

still going thru the huge envelope of mods/recipts...will post later.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
jdm-rhd;1863260 said:
i value that dog more then i do that mustang...its for sale, any takers?
p1863970_1.jpg
I'd smack you for having a big drink (that isn't in a bottle) sitting just waiting to tip over in that car... fortunately, I can't reach you. :p

Anyway, car looks nice, the FD is on our list of "possibles", I like the idea of Miata characteristics, with a better looking face. Details of the car yet?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I've heard from anyone who has driven one that they seem to have everything exactly where it feels like it should be. Not too many cars are like that, and aside from the lack of a tilt wheel (in the FC), if the FD is anything like the FC, I would probably agree.

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
te72;1864153 said:
I've heard from anyone who has driven one that they seem to have everything exactly where it feels like it should be. Not too many cars are like that, and aside from the lack of a tilt wheel (in the FC), if the FD is anything like the FC, I would probably agree.

+1. I test drove an N/A fc and loved it, except for the lack of a turbo. I just dunno enough about rotaries to trust myself with one as a dd

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I would have one, just not as an only car. That can be said of most sports cars, to be honest. About the only sports car I would trust to be my ONLY car would be a Miata.