my main efi realy is very hot

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
It will usually be hot since there is a coil in it.

Check your codes. Bad injector would be a problem at more than idle.

sharpsupra

Aug 14, 2011
georgia
ok cam position sensor.....well that looks ok....im not really concerned about the lil idle issue at this point cuz the car runs pretty gewd. the relay just seems tooo hot 4 my taste,,,i can see it geettin warm but yikes its very hot. only had the car about a month now. havnet had a chance to run it much. just been looking things over and such. today when i went out ta start it it turned over REALLy slow but started. 1st time its done that on me. been sittin a cple days so idk bout that lil issue either. car has aton of aftermarked stuff...garret turbo...msd coil paks n wires. vpc controller...hks stuff in the glove box. and the intercooler doesnt look stock...ill get sum pix so ya all can see. amybe someone here will recognise the car. but anyhooo any advice on the realy wouild be helpfull TY!!

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
just as heavyman said...they relay will be warm
electricity going through the coil windings generate heat
how much heat...i am unsure
the more amperage the higher the heat

if it is to hot then there is a possibility you have to much resistance in the wiring or somebody wired to much stuff to the efi output voltage wire sucking to much amperage through the relay
i would just run through the wiring on it just to make sure everything is fine

my guess is the vpc and hks stuff is wired into the EFI wiring and may be causing to much of a load