My Impressions of the MAFTPRO so far...

NJsupraA70

Ex-Supra Owner
Sep 18, 2005
NJ
Ok guys well I have a 100 miles on the motor now, and the maft pro is working perfectly.

Last night I went ahead and setup the afr tracking, and its working great in conjunction with my plx m300 :bigthumb: It only took a few pulls under WOT to get my a/f's holding a steady 11.5 ish under WOT!! The car is pulling strong at 14 psi, and hopefully I will be able to pull close to 500hp out of this sp61gt bolt on once i get more miles on the motor. People say it cant be done but I am gonna try. I plan to get rid of it in the future anyway once I
get sick of it.

I have nothing but good things to say about this maftpro unit. My car runs 5 times better than it ever did with a safc and lex afm, and tuning is a breeze.

Im surprised that more people havent bought this unit. :dunno:. My best advice to anyone using a lex afm/safc2, or even a vpc for that matter is to sell them now!!lol, you have no idea what your missing...trust me

If your someone that wants the capabilities of a VPC, SAFC +++ more, and all in one convenient package then the maftpro is for you. :).Im also glad I bought mine directly from Dr. Jonez. good service and technical help.

- Steve

B

Boostaddctn

MK3Brent said:
Just look at your MAFTpro... :wuteva:

I am, its on my desk, i want to see what it looks like actually in the car :cry: heheh... aight peace :chicken:

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
Im glad to hear that the airfuel tracking worked well with your plx m300. I have the R-500 and I wasn't sure if the plx units would be compatible with the maftpro.
But I guess it is.:)
How was wiring the unit?
Do you have the boost soleniod also?
And I assume u have the speed density setup.

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
Also did u do all this "tuning" with or without a laptop? Wondering how easy it is to setup the unit and tune strickly using the head unit alone.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
can you utilize the MAFT pro as a BLOW THROUGH unit?....like the 240sx guys do with their 300zx maf meters....they place them way down in the engine bay where you cannot see them....clean look.

Where did you pick up your MAFT system?

Has anyone been kind/smart enough to do a write up on the installation? Any TRICKY things you need to point out?

-Jonathan

NJsupraA70

Ex-Supra Owner
Sep 18, 2005
NJ
siman said:
can you utilize the MAFT pro as a BLOW THROUGH unit?....like the 240sx guys do with their 300zx maf meters....they place them way down in the engine bay where you cannot see them....clean look.

Where did you pick up your MAFT system?

Has anyone been kind/smart enough to do a write up on the installation? Any TRICKY things you need to point out?

-Jonathan

I am running speed density, no MAF. I will be posting a complete writeup with diagrams by tonight, possibly.

Boostaddctn said:
Pics of set up :) aight peace :chicken:

I have mine in the glovebox temporarily until I find a good place for it. Ill keep you updated.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
it's about 5 1/2-6 inches long an inch thick or so and 2 1/2-3 inches tall..

i have one in my hand right now :biglaugh:

i figured once it's tuned in the glove box it goes :aigo:

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
NjsupraA70,
Seems you were having issues with your car a few weeks back and now you have the pleasure of having the car running well for you. But you never described the fix to the issues you were having. Could you please tell us. Thanks :)