my first swap. i've got a couple questions

mike86supra

Nov 26, 2008
connecticut
hey guys im almost done with my first swap GE to GTE and im a little unsure about a few oil lines that werent on the GE motor. theres a line coming from the oil pan and another close to the oil filter both on the left side of the engine. i have no clue what theyre used for and where they hook up to. i have more questions but they'll come to me later

mike86supra

Nov 26, 2008
connecticut
ohh, i'd have to look at the car because i'm installing an intercooler this weekend. like i said the body of the supra is GE, so would it have an oil cooler?? or do i even need one??

7mslider

Dec 20, 2009
shelbyville
the stock ge did not have an oil cooler. you definately want to have one. if the swap motor doesn't have it with it and you're gonna have to get one you might as well go ahead and upgrade to one that runs off a thermostat. there are plenty of threads on here about them and the benifits

mike86supra

Nov 26, 2008
connecticut
damn alright, i'll have to check that out then.. i dont have much cash so i'll go the cheaper route. i have more questions but im not with the car now so i'll have to get back later

mike86supra

Nov 26, 2008
connecticut
alright to all my GE to GTE swap guys and anyone else, how did you guys hookup your throttle cable? and speed actuator cable? i have an engine with a bent bracket for the cables and i'm a little unsure about how i'll go about doing this. if you have any ideas or pictures on how i should do this that'd be great, thanks