My first laptop

Cycoclown

SHAAWING!!!
Jan 18, 2008
Vacaville, CA
www.myspace.com
ive owned alot of computers, built alot of computers for myself (3) and other friends of mine.

Just recently i bought a laptop. its a TOSHIBA L305D

Basic Specs:

AMD Dual Core RM-70 2.0GHZ Processor
3.0GB Ram
ATI 3100 Graphics processor
15.4"
250GB Hard Drive
MULTI Drive CD/RW DVD/RW

Over all its great. i only paid 530 for it got a 2yr Extended warranty on top of the 1 year i have it for. The picture is great. Mild games as in CS:S, CS, nothing to Graphic demanding. and gameplay good on this, Even the random supra wallpapers with the models look freakin awesome :naughty: .. but on that note. i think i have a Desktop forsale :)

Last edited:

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
Glad you found a deal, also a good thing you bought an extended warranty as well...my toshiba laptop had to have mother board replaced 5 times, lucky for me I was nearing the end of my manufacture warranty(didn't bother with extended warranty).

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Nice. I love my Toshiba, but I've used the Best Buy warranty 2 times AFTER the initial year. Had to replace the hard drive, cd-drive and screen.

I love my computer though. I'll be buying another Toshiba when mine finally eats it.

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
Dang, both of you had that many issues with Toshiba laptops? I'm in the market for one, and all I know is i do not want a netbook, but a laptop with less than 14 in. screen size and decent cpu speeds. And Clueless, where did you get your laptop?

Cycoclown

SHAAWING!!!
Jan 18, 2008
Vacaville, CA
www.myspace.com
vista is a Monster of a OS. my dad has a toshiba. back when Pentium 4's and 1gb of ram and cd/rw's where 1000$ on laptops. hes had it for 7 years with out no problem. i wasnt super syked on the extended warranty. but. i did it as a precaution, u never know.

I also keep my electronics in good shape. my phone is a different story. but other then that, i treat all my stuff good.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
GotBoost?;1298051 said:
Dang, both of you had that many issues with Toshiba laptops? I'm in the market for one, and all I know is i do not want a netbook, but a laptop with less than 14 in. screen size and decent cpu speeds. And Clueless, where did you get your laptop?

My Toshiba or my XPS? I got my toshiba at circuit city as one of those special black friday deals, but had I known I would've gotten something much better. If you are in the market for a laptop and don't mind spending a little more, a dell xps m1330(starts at $749) or a studio xps 13(starts at $1,099)...they are awesome and I haven't had any problems so far with my xps m1710 refurb. Also, if you check from time to time, you can find an awesome deal on refurb laptops and they come with a warranty. :icon_bigg

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
I have a dell inspiron thats like almost 3 years old, has weathered many of toddler beatings, missing 75% of its keys, and yet still runs faster/better than my year old HP

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
if you want a laptop under 14" you should check out blue label laptops from bestbuy . they were made specifically for best buy i think their 13.3 iirc but theyll run you about 999

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
RiyadYar;1298732 said:
if you want a laptop under 14" you should check out blue label laptops from bestbuy . they were made specifically for best buy i think their 13.3 iirc but theyll run you about 999

for that price, you just might be better off getting a dell xps m1330...xps power in a small package. Best buy has been known to be shady, I really wouldn't trust them especially with expensive unknown products.

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
lol i work at bestbuy their not that bad for the specs :4gb ram , 320 gb harddrive , 14.1 inch screen , 1.2" thick , under 5 pounds , 5.5 hr bat life, backlit keyboard , intel centrino 2 processor those are the specs for a toshiba for 799....also working with geeksquad the most common new laptop we get in for repairs are gateways

Cycoclown

SHAAWING!!!
Jan 18, 2008
Vacaville, CA
www.myspace.com
well ill tell u this. if ur lookin to buy. shop around. NEWEGG.COM... if u are looking at a laptop read the reviews on it.... what i did with this one. only reason i jumped on it at best buy is because a brand new store opening was going on and a friend of mine got 15% off. so i got a case, wireless mouse and a 2yr warranty ontop of the 1yr it came with. all for 760 somethin. no intrest for 18 months. not bad if u ask me

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
So i got me a Toshiba with intel® Core™2 Duo mobile processor P8400; 4GB DDR2 SDRAM; DL DVD±RW/CD-RW drive; Labelflash support; 14.1" widescreen; 320GB hard drive; fingerprint reader; built-in webcam; Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit with SP1, and a two year warranty. Paid $799 plus tax (@ bestbuy), and I'm very happy with it so far. I'm being very careful with it, and hope it lasts me a long time.