My First Build! 87 7mgte

wsharp23

Jul 27, 2009
Grover Beach, CA
So I finally decided to start a build thread now that Im start to get the car together. I got this 87 7mgte off of our mechanic in bakersfield and he has been putting it together for about the last year and rebuilt the engine (including re-torquing the head). As of now its getting painted and should be back in a few days. Tentative plans are:
3" downpipe from driftmotion
3" catback with flowmaster
Wideband
MK4 fuel pump or Walboro
Safc
AFPR
Lexus AFM
550 injectors
Electronic Boost Controller (AEM Truboost)
Intercooler Kit from Driftmotion
Re-upholster the interior

Hopefully all of this wont break the bank but Im gonna try to do a little at a time to get it together. I figure I have to do the 550's, AFM, and AFPR at the same time but I can throw the SAFC and Wideband on before. I pretty much have the list in the order that I would add it to the car. If anyone has any suggestions to changes or things Ive forgotten or should do in a different order PLEASE tell me. This is my first time ever doing any performance upgrades on a car and I am very excited.

Attachments

• supra interior 2.jpg
    supra interior 2.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 12
  • supra front 1..jpg
    supra front 1..jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 5072.jpg
    5072.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 13
  • RIMS..jpg
    RIMS..jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 10
  • supra blue.jpeg..jpg
    supra blue.jpeg..jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
did you paint it in ur driveway? lol
nice. more pics
also just make sure ur machanic built the engine properly before doing high horsepower goals.
ur mods list looks good to me

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
skip the elbow. Driftmotion has a complete elbow eliminating downpipe for a great price. I am assuming you already did all basic maintenance and looked over this mechanics work? for interior, i found a mint grey set at my local yard so i would start there.

wsharp23

Jul 27, 2009
Grover Beach, CA
did you paint it in ur driveway? lol
nice. more pics
also just make sure ur machanic built the engine properly before doing high horsepower goals.
ur mods list looks good to me

Does the garage count as the driveway? haha and I was planning on calling the mechanic tomorrow is there something specific that I should ask about? something in general? Im really not sure what to look for I kinda took his word for it since he has a toyota specific shop.

skip the elbow. Driftmotion has a complete elbow eliminating downpipe for a great price. I am assuming you already did all basic maintenance and looked over this mechanics work? for interior, i found a mint grey set at my local yard so i would start there.

The driftmotion downpipe and elbow looks a lot better. How hard was it to find a car with good interior? Do you have any advice for me about asking the mechanic as well?
Thanks to you both, this helps a ton!!!