My delimma...

G

gotboost$

Hey guys, I just got the last parts needed for my auto to R154 conversion.
I'm lost in what to upgrade next...

mods i have right now...
HKS turbo timer
HKS exhaust (the sport exhaust,very quiet, just the rear part came with car)
HKS intake filter
Brembro cross drilled rotors on all 4 corners
Bilstein struts
Suspension Techniques sway bar buschings
Fidenza Flywheel
Spec 1 clutch
17X8 with 255/40/17 Falken 17X9 with 275/40/17 toyo proxies on 17" enkei's

I'm debating on which route to go right now i want a little more horsepower and want to attack the handeling...

my delema is this: go with a sp61 turbo kit and boost controller with the lexus 550 injector upgrade

:burnout:

or

TEIN full SS Coilovers
Suspension techniques front and rear sway bars
Cusco front and rear strut bars

:love:

I will end up doing both eventually, but i need a starting point. Right now i can put away between 700-1300 a month. My goal is to have my Supra pretty much done by this time next year.

OPINIONS NEEDED

thanks guys ;)

I would suggest upgrading the suspension first as well. Then you will have a good, solid platform to build off of. A sp61 on stock suspension is going to feel much different than a sp61 on a Tein suspension. But it depends on how bad your stock suspension is. I did suspension first, and I don't regret it.

-Nick

Shinobu

Mmmm... Juicy!
Mar 30, 2005
Columbus, GA
I have to agree with everyone -- attack your suspension next. I can't wait to get a set of swaybars myself... ^^;

G

gotboost$

Thanks guys,
I'm gonna go with the TEIN coil-overs with upper pillow ball mounts. Should be on in the next month. I'm thinking about doing a write-up on the complete install...
Whatta yall think? Would anyone be interisted?

7MGTEJoe

Mar 31, 2005
Salinas, CA
I'd like a write-up on a Tien install. It'll probably be my next major modification so a heads up on potential pit falls or insights you get after finishing the task would be appreciated.

DrakeMK3

"The Duck"
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxville, TN
I'd probably do the engine first, because I'm just that kind of guy.:D But, to each his/her own.

While a write up on coilover installation would be cool, is it really that much different from the normal spring/strut assembly installation? I just wouldn't want you to waste your time documenting something that has already been done.