My car is traveling the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clutch

Jan 13, 2011
Bettingen, Germany
As some of you may already know my SUPRA that I have been working on is from Japan and was imported to the UK in 1990. And it has been here since. Well I got into work today and the joy of moving was in my inbox when I checked my email. So I have been busy getting things started for me and my SUPRAS to take our next leap. We are heading to Germany. Can not wait to get there so that I can cut them loose on the autobahn and then get them a few laps on the Nurburgring. Well maybe more than a few:naughty:. Alot of you may not care but I am just estatic that I am heading out of here in a few monthes and have been looking at the chance to run that track. Now if I break down there instead of a 7 hour drive to get it home I only have about a 45 min drive to limp it home.

For those of you that may not know what the Nurburgring is thought I would give you a bit of info on it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nürburgring

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I'm a little envious of you, if only for your future driving facilities. Good luck on the Ring, and remember, it's a hell of a lot more bumpy and narrow than it looks. Then again, it might be easier to drive in real life than on GT5 due to the lack of physical feedback on the game (even with a wheel setup)...

Would be interesting to see your laptimes and see if I could setup a car similarly on the game and keep up with your real laptimes... :)

clutch

Jan 13, 2011
Bettingen, Germany
te72;1781628 said:
I'm a little envious of you, if only for your future driving facilities. Good luck on the Ring, and remember, it's a hell of a lot more bumpy and narrow than it looks. Then again, it might be easier to drive in real life than on GT5 due to the lack of physical feedback on the game (even with a wheel setup)...

Would be interesting to see your laptimes and see if I could setup a car similarly on the game and keep up with your real laptimes... :)

Dont be envious, I am supposed to be there for 3 years so anytime you need a vacation just shoot me a message I think I can put you up for a few days and you can go do the drive as well. As far as lap time you should beat me by alot because over there on that thing I will have to be very careful while driving for a few reasons.

1. My insurance will not cover my car while it is on that track...You dont have to worry about that.
2. They inspect you car prior to hitting the track and make not of any damage on it and if you come back with dame on your car they find out where it came from and if you did anything to the track you have to pay to fix it.lol

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
That's a generous offer of you sir, I'll keep it in mind. I didn't know they were so thorough with inspections and that sort of thing, but it makes sense given what they have at stake.

Have fun with that, and enjoy Germany while you're there. An old friend's sister lived there with her husband while he was stationed there, they did a lot of sightseeing and she was an awesome photographer, it's quite beautiful, if a bit cold.