My build ...

slacker

master mould maker
Sep 24, 2006
BC , Canada
www.toyotafiberglass.com
So .. TREKKER is done .. well mostly anyway :) 2nd show and shine
west side daze in West Kelowna ..
First hiway trip .. it's not real far from home , so this was a good thing .. didnt have a good nights sleep , as I was thinking of all sorts of problems .. but alas .. she ran flawlessly

arrived at 9AM and started to set up

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Trekker got great acceptance , but again .. most people didnt know what it was , they just thought it was a ~ truck with a canopy !!

some interior shots for you ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5GtJ-fJG2Q

My Vid camera ran out of batteries though .. so sorry no "moving vids" this time ..

anway .. excited to get going on "supertoy" here again .. VERY excited ..
it will be in the shop befor the snow flies .. (as my shop is booking into march 2011)

question ..
OE driveshaft .. any horse power ratings ? i'm thinking of doing a "straight" shaft ..
I guess just want to see some info and some links to some drive shaft mods ..

tig321

Mar 13, 2006
Edmonton/Victoria
Glad to see your back to this! And if those are princess auto dollies do something to stiffen them up. when I first got mine, I pushed my Supra side ways to make some room in the garage and the wheels on 3 of the 4 dollies folded under.

slacker

master mould maker
Sep 24, 2006
BC , Canada
www.toyotafiberglass.com
with the air ride , I can "set" ride height and it will keep it there .. I would have 3 different settings , so I can drop it at the shows , and with the touch of a button have the exact ride height .. no guessing

also , love your engine !! VERY nice build dude .

I know I was going to do the cantalever and stay stock coilovers , but I really want the "drop" for the shows ..

Last edited:

slacker

master mould maker
Sep 24, 2006
BC , Canada
www.toyotafiberglass.com
so I was able to "dig" all my stuff out of storage and get it up on the shelves ..

sm_photo_missing.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

also .. got to work on the wheels and stance today ..

New fenders with my big fat rollers

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

they fit awesome , but I wont be able to stuff them up in there .. just to close .. so I tried out some 5" back spacing wheels .. closer , but still not what I want

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

slacker

master mould maker
Sep 24, 2006
BC , Canada
www.toyotafiberglass.com
I was workin' on airride http://www.ridetech.com/ .. but now again .. I'm not sure ? not going to do air shocks , but maybe back to the coilover w/cantalever ..
at this point .. it's back to "square 1" ..

this weekend I tore out the steering set up I did .. also the cowl area has rusted from sitting outside for the last 4 years ..

I`m still trying to get this in my head , so your going to have to bear with me for e a little bit

slacker

master mould maker
Sep 24, 2006
BC , Canada
www.toyotafiberglass.com
so a little bit more cutting :)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

also .. interior is now completely gutted ..

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I'm now going to stay with the adjustable coilovers , and just do a body drop .. I believe I will get better handling from the coilovers

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
I would say so just because you can adjust the valving you could alls o run mini coil overs as well like they use on low riders and buggies

in stead of increasing unsprung weight from all the parts to make cantilever setup

just might be an idea if if you are looking for handling

slacker

master mould maker
Sep 24, 2006
BC , Canada
www.toyotafiberglass.com
yeah thanks bud .. I'll still have to "draw" it all up .. and figure things out .. but check it out !!

my first bend with my new bender :)
2" OD Sced 40 120 wall

sm_photo_missing.jpg

It's actually going to be my bend tool .. so I'm going to try out my powder coating as well with powdercoating it and saving it

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I have to still "draw" up my tube work in my solidworks software so stay tuned .. STOKED !!

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
did ya get a k2 bender from a km tools and if so manuel or hydro?

they had sale not to long ago i wish i got that bender but for now I just borrow ):

just remember the shocks hold no weight what so ever just the spring load in less bottomed out so no need to go crazy in less doing a mini cage

or get crazy and run a front stub frame so you can removed the front half in case ya ever have to work on the motor and wanted to put the old fire wall back in ect

or just keep it as a perimeter frame joby

but looking good dude

slacker

master mould maker
Sep 24, 2006
BC , Canada
www.toyotafiberglass.com
yep .. from KMS .. it's a manual for now .. we'll see on the hydrolics, probabaly going to do that sooner then later !!!

I do want a cage , so I'm going to do a full front, remember .. complete flip front is also what i'm going to build so I need area for mounting shit on the inners . Rears , well I want a "dump" box of sorts .. so no extended caging for the rear but I am going to do some "bending" to make it look good ..
I think the struts are the way to go and I'm happy with the choice .. they are adjustable already , and i'm even thinkin' of "hookin" up the TEMS , just for shits and giggles ..