my addition to the madness

350znal

Dec 1, 2006
Anniston, Al.
It's a 89 supra with a 2jzge-t swap, 3in turbo back, unknown turbo size, innovative lc1 and auto timer for display, cold pipes have been replaced, has a knock off hks bov, newer toyota coil on plug kit, aftermarket clutch, short throw shift, boost gauge, temp, oil pressure, hids.. . It runs on the 7m electronics. i'm in the process now of getting rid of all the extra stuff added by an old owner that is not needed. Also some redooing most of the wiring. While i'm going through all this, i asked myself should i go ahead and go stand alone or piggyback. I wil be going through all the wires and fixing everything i can. definately not something that will be done overnight,

so my options are maft-pro, pro-efi, stinger, megasquirt or aem ems vs universal.

Anyone with some thoughts on that?

veedubin

Official SM Decals
350znal;1862599 said:
It's a 89 supra with a 2jzge-t swap, 3in turbo back, unknown turbo size, innovative lc1 and auto timer for display, cold pipes have been replaced, has a knock off hks bov, newer toyota coil on plug kit, aftermarket clutch, short throw shift, boost gauge, temp, oil pressure, hids.. . It runs on the 7m electronics. i'm in the process now of getting rid of all the extra stuff added by an old owner that is not needed. Also some redooing most of the wiring. While i'm going through all this, i asked myself should i go ahead and go stand alone or piggyback. I wil be going through all the wires and fixing everything i can. definately not something that will be done overnight,

so my options are maft-pro, pro-efi, stinger, megasquirt or aem ems vs universal.

Anyone with some thoughts on that?

Sweet! Another GE-T'er! I'm running basically the exact same setup you are right now, less I'm on a CT26 and running MAFT Pro in Speed density mode.

As for a suggestion for next step engine mgt.... MAFT Pro! :D

I hope that didn't sound too biased, because in reality; it is. LOL I actually never ran the 2J on the 7M MAF at all, I installed the MAFT Pro into the car before the swap was even done. I had many, many, many problems getting it to run properly and took a while for me to sort out the bugs. But! I've sorted them all out, and am diving into the cooler features of the Pro; boost control, ETPS, AFR Tracking, timing, etc...

I am currently (amidst a million other projects) putting together a full start to finish how to on the MAFT Pro. If you decide to go that route, I am more than happy to give advice and help trouble shoot. I'm no expert by anymeans, I've just screwed up a lot on my own and learned how to fix it LOL.

But back to your asking opinions; what are your plans for the car; full race, DD, weekend track car....?
How much power are you looking to make?
How much money/time do you have to spend?

All those questions will point you towards the appropriate upgrade.

Piggy back is perfect for DD and track stuff. MAFT Pro is about as close to full standalone as you can get with out actually going stand alone.

Do you have pics of the car/swap? Very interested in checking it out.

350znal

Dec 1, 2006
Anniston, Al.
I definately will be asking about the maft pro( that's what i'm leaning towards)

Will get some pics after i get the dash back in the car( tore apart due to crappy wiring on some stuff).

Will be a weekend/track car only. Will always be on a radial of some sort.

Hp goal is 550-600rwhp with pump gas and methanol.

I have about 4500 to spend

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
veedubin;1863415 said:
I'm no expert by anymeans, I've just screwed up a lot on my own and learned how to fix it LOL.
Sometimes, making mistakes is the best teacher you can ask for. I'm pretty sure IJ would agree with me there...

350znal;1863825 said:
Hp goal is 550-600rwhp with pump gas and methanol.

I have about 4500 to spend
Now, to clarify a bit, are you expecting to make a reliable car at that power level with $4500, or did you have $4500 to make that power level happen, on top of what you already have into the car? If option A, good luck to you sir. If option B, I completely misunderstood what you wrote, and I can see that happening. :p

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
4500 should be enough if you have a solid plan in mind. Might factor in another $1000 though, for the "just in case" things that often come up. ;)